Attack of the Clones Minute 24: The Matrix
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 24)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 15th, 2016
The gun is raised to aim directly at his back, and suddenly Obi-Wan turns fast. His lightsaber flashes. There is a shrill scream and Zam’s arm hits the floor.
- Hayde Gofai
- Rare point-of-view shot.
- Callback to C-3POV from The Phantom Menace
- The film is shot in such a way as to suggest that Zam is sneaking up on Anakin, and not Obi-Wan.
- Zam's hand amputation is subtle.
- Salacious Crumb cackle?
- Danny Faytonni (played by Golden Tony Daniels).
- The fate of Elan Sleazebaggano
- Legend has it that he really did go home and re-think his life. He cleaned up his act, but eventually fell back into his old ways.
- The Matrix connections:
- Blue pill vs. Red pill.
- Mouse = Matt Doran = Sleazebaggano.
- The Woman in Red.
- The Matrix is the "Superman II" of episode II.
- Ring theory? Obi-Wan cutting off someone's arm in a bar.
- Referenced: The deleted scene from The Force Awakens where Chewie pulls off Unkar Plutt's arm.
- Pete has an obscure shirt with all the servered limbs in Star Wars.
- The difficulty of explaining obscure dorky shirts.
- Alex had experienced this with Star Wars Minute shirts.
- Mentioned: Jimmy Smits.
- The filmmakers could have taken the opportunity to show us all the actors whose faces we don't usually see.
- Callback to the concerned Rodian from Tuesday's minute.
- Danny Faytonni's backstory.
- EU story that is the preamble to the C-3PO-Jar Jar episode of Clone Wars.
- Is the "Fay" part of "Faytonni" dig at Anthony Daniels? Or was he in on the joke?
- Mentioned: Porkins
- 31:30 podcast episode length.
- The time difference between Melbourne, Australia and New York (which is in the Eastern Time Zone) is 16 hours.
- Note: cutting off Zam's arm is not an example of ring theory because this film is supposed to echo The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Doran also played Damien "Damo" Roberts on the Australian soap opera "Home and Away".
- At 22:36 into the episode, the podcast jumps back 1 minute and 48 seconds to repeat itself.
- Alex: Wait a minute, he's Snoke! Anyway, I'm going to stop doing that joke.
- Steele: Wow! I feel like I just had a few Death sticks after trying to work that out.
- Steele: ...It [The Zam action figure] ruins your credit card... twice! In two different ways.
- Alex: Yeah, I did some hard time in CoCo, it's true.