Attack of the Clones Minute 50: Fake
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 50)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 20th, 2017
The shaak bucks, and Anakin falls off. Padmé laughs even harder. Anakin lies still.
- Starts with Anakin outlining his authoritarian form of government, and ends with him falling off a cow (shaak).
- Cut Padmé dialog: You're so bad.
- Prominent swell of the "Love Theme from Attack of the Clones".
- Does Anakin really mean what he says about supporting a fascist dictatorship, or is he just needling Padmé? Both?
- Good Natalie Portman acting in this scene. Her best acting is when she is smiling, because you can actually tell what the character is thinking.
- Referenced: Aaron Burr, as depicted in "Hamilton".
- Does Padmé really go for the bad boys? The cut dialog suggests she likes him because he's bad.
- Carrie Fisher was one of the people working behind the scenes to tighten up the script for this movie.
- Ways the love story could be improved.
- Comparisons with the Han-Leia romance.
- Referenced: Alphabeatical.
- George wanting to try new things as an artist.
- The constantly evolving state of CGI.
- If the technology isn't quite there, don't fake your main character.
- This is the same year that The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers came out. Comparing and contrasting the Warg attack scene with this minute.
- This is why Ricky didn't see AOTC in theaters. Referenced: The Onion article about fans leaving Star Wars for Lord of the Rings.
- Mentioned: Spider-Man (2002)
- Curmugeonly Pete remembers thinking Anakin riding the shaak looked fake at the time.
- Will people find clunky CGI endearing like we do Stop-motion?
- "Across the Stars (Love Theme from Attack of the Clones)"
- Evocative of Lara's theme from Dr. Zhivago (Love Theme from Doctor Zhivago).
- Ricky ranks the movies.
- 27:39 podcast episode length.
- Eagles (and other diurnal birds of prey) have no external ears, but their hearing is about comparable to that of a human.
- Pete: Analyze, scrutinize, and... bad CGIze...
- Pete: (as Hayden Christiansen) Can we do a scene where I juggle? Girls like that, right?
- Alex: <In response to Anakin on the shaak-back> (reading from his notes) "It's the fakest looking fakeness that was ever faked."'
- Pete: ...like a puppet... riding a balloon.
- Ricky: In layman's terms, "flangeing the harble".