Attack of the Clones Minute 56: Invisible Smells
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 56)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 30th, 2017
There is silence as they stare at the fire. Anakin is thinking.
- Starts with a series of glances between Anakin and Padmé, and ends with Anakin wishing he could wish away his feelings.
- Hayden Christensen is almost too good at playing the awkward teenager.
- Pete remembers hecklers in the crowd during this scene when he saw it the second time.
- Jacob relates to Anakin's frustration and chemical attraction to Padmé on a personal level; it's how he approaches love.
- This is the emo Star Wars movie. The Prequel Trilogy tackles heartache, which is not touched on in the Original Trilogy.
- The common theme of characters saying "I will never do..." and then being proven wrong in the Prequels. The things they "can't" do are a blueprint for what they end up doing.
- This movie as a buffet of genres.
- Anakin's "I will do anything you ask" parallels his oath to Palpatine when he becomes Darth Vader.
- The real-life reality (rather than movie reality) is uncomfortable.
- Dating is much more difficult when you actually care.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/merch
- 25:38 podcast episode length.
- Jacob used the "from [a movie that starts with 'from']" gag on one of his previous appearances.
- Jacob: ...and I'm Jacob Sirof from Russia with Love.
- Pete: Only the best murderers...
- Pete: Maybe the Force is Padmé's sassy best friend. Jacob: Your episode title's in there somewhere.