Attack of the Clones Minute 108: Monsters and Midriffs
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 12th, 2017
The cat-like creature reaches the top of the post and takes a swipe at Padmé.
- Starts with a cat that’s climbing up the post, and ends with Mr. Acklay screaming after knocking over a post.
- The sexiness of this minute.
- The minute hearkens back to classic space fantasy.
- Reek trivia
- Reeks are from the planet Ylesia.
- General Grievous rides one in Clone Wars.
- As a character, the Acklay is superior to the other monsters in every way.
- Padmé fights the Nexu. Those shots are nicely coordinated between practical effects and CGI.
- The Nexu rips off the midriff of Padmé’s clothes.
- This makes little sense, because the Nexu’s claws catch her on the shoulder.
- The scene goes back to the basics of pulp iconography, as on the early SW posters.
- It is unclear if George Lucas wants this kind of imagery, or if he thinks that people want it.
- The audience in the arena watches as if they don’t really care what happens, much like at a hockey game.
- Nute Gunray delivers the popular “…or something” line, but neglects to ask if it is legal.
- Was the Petranaki Arena built for this purpose? How long has it been there?
- The posts have to be replaced because they keep getting run over.
- Why does it have walkways if Geonosians can simply fly anywhere?
- Padmé appears much more action-oriented, having greater agency, in Attack of the Clones than in The Phantom Menace.
- 54:37 podcast episode length.
- According to Alex, a lot of people seem to appreciate the relationship between Anakin and Padmé, despite it being considered one of the weaker parts of the movie.
- Pete: Midriiiiff Minute.
- Alex: The Force can have a lot of influence on the Reek-minded.