Attack of the Clones Minute 12: To Kill a Senator
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 29th, 2016
Obi-Wan checks a palm-sized view scanner he has pulled out of his utility belt. It shows a shot of Artoo by the door, but no sign of Padmé on the bed.
- Starts with Obi-Wan checking the nanny cam, and ends with Zam putting a can of worms into a drone.
- ASN-121 courier droid.
- Do the hosts get tired of doing the show? Alex more so than Pete it would seem.
- Major Anakin creepiness.
- There are less creepy ways to deliver those lines.
- It's creepy how specific he is: "I don't think she liked me watching her".
- Running theme for this and the previous film: you could make a good movie without necessarily changing the script.
- Anakin was raised in the Jedi temple - no wonder he's kind of a weirdo.
- Brief discussion of Obi-Wan and Anakin's respective experiences with romantic encounters.
- Obi-Wan (?) is more likely than Anakin (no) to have had such encounters in the past.
- Mentioned: Rumspringa.
- Attachment and possession are forgiven, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of purely physical relationships.
- A little foreshadowing: There are many ways to kill a senator.
- "Trust me!" doesn't count as a direct quote for our purposes.
- The plan to use Padmé as bait.
- Jake Lloyd-esque line delivery
- What other plan could they have? Why is Obi-Wan surprised?
- Why are they using the real Padmé?
- Mentioned: A decoy.
- Why is Zam even in this movie? Why not cut out the middle man.
Kenji shares his AOTC memories. Went to midnight showing opening night. Originally he liked it better than TPM and tried to convince himself it was as good as the Original Trilogy.
- 22:14 podcast episode length.
- In the Clone Wars cartoon, Obi-Wan is very close to (and may have been romantically involved with) the Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore. 'Satine' is the name of the Ewan McGregor's love interest in Moulin Rouge!
- Kenji: I thought I was just listening to your podcast right now.
- Alex: (as Anakin to Padmé) Well you let Artoo watch!
- Alex: (as Anakin doing a Padmé impression while looking at himself on the mirror) Oh Ani you're so brave!
- Pete: (à la Barnes & Barnes) Roly Poly Bith Head.