Attack of the Clones Minute 20: Jedi Janitor
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 9th, 2016
Anakin jumps out of the speeder.
- Starts with Obi-Wan blaming Anakin for losing Zam; ends with Anakin hanging from the forks of Wesell's vessel.
- How do you pronounce Zam's name? It's one of many Star Wars names that are never said out loud in the movie.
- How often does Anakin jump out of speeders? It must be very frequent.
- Does Anakin have to worry about getting bad grades? Probably not—he's the "chosen one".
- What do they do with the Jedi who "age out" of Jedi school (i.e. fail to graduate)? Probably put them in non-combat roles like librarians or janitors.
- More falling math.
- Mentioned: What is that in Enterprises?.
- How is Anakin able to spot Zam and perfectly time his jump?
- He could already see things before they happen, and now he has 10 years of Jedi training under his belt.
- He's like a professional athlete using a combination of muscle memory, training, and luck.
- There's no way falling and grabbing onto the speeder would work in real life—his arms would be ripped from their sockets.
- The Force could have saved him.
- The trope that It's not the fall that kills you.
- See also: Catch a falling star.
- Zam's speeder facts
- Koro-2 exodrive all-environment speeder
- Top speed 800 km/h (497 mph).
- Is she flying it full speed?
- The "Governor of Traffic" probably wouldn't allow that.
- Cargo capacity 80 kg (176 lbs). Then how is it still flying after Anakin grabs on?
- Two-week's air supply (Referenced: The English–Australian soft rock duo Air Supply").
- Conflation of bounty hunter, mercenary, and assassin in the Star Wars universe.
- Plug for http://moviesbyminutes.com
- 25:41 podcast episode length.
- We wrap up Movies by Minutes All-Star Week.
- They're called "airspeeders".
- Randall Munroe, creator of the web comic Xkcd, wrote a blog post explaining the physics of falling from a high building and grabbing onto a flagpole. Needless to say, it wouldn't be pretty.
- The music video Pete is thinking of was for "Man on the Moon" rather than "Everybody Hurts", although that would be a poetic coincidence (rather than irony, which is more or less the opposite of this) if it had been the case.
- Pete brings up a time that he jumped off a moving truck and fell over immediately.
- Although it would be completely impossible for Anakin to hang on to Zam's speeder going full speed, the wind shear alone would not be enough to kill him.
- For a video of someone getting blasted in the face with 457 mph wind, click here!
- Pete: ...we analyze, scrutinize, and fall-from-the-skies...
- Alex: Use the Forks.
- Alex: How far they've fallen. Literally, in this case.