Attack of the Clones Minute 26: Infomercial
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 19th, 2016
The vast Jedi Temple sits on an endless flat plain, silhouetted by a against the traffic-filled sky.
- Our first look at the new Jedi Council.
- Jedi master Coleman Trebor
- Oppo Rancisis
- Yarael Poof is no longer on the board.
- This whole scene is just reused it extra footage from The Phantom Menace. The only new footage is of the people talking (Mace, Yoda, Anakin, maybe others).
- Lucas thought that Yarael Poof looked too much like the Kaminoans (who we'll meet later) so they digitally replaced him with Coleman Trebor.
- Mentioned: Coleman Kcaj
- Referenced: Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- The EU says Yarael Poof died prior to the Battle of Geonosis, but maybe he isn't dead; maybe he got caught in a revolving door and has just been trapped all this time.
- Why did the Jedi Council break up the Obi-Wan—Anakin team?
- Maybe Sheev orchestrated this? It would make more sense to have Obi-Wan go to Naboo with Padmé.
- Mace makes all the bad decisions.
- Ring theory: Anakin and Obi-Wan separating may echo the gang being broken up in The Empire Strikes Back.
- Alex famously has not listened to a single episode of STAR WARS MINUTE. Maybe Lucas never watched The Empire Strikes Back.
- Mentioned: Pete, edit that out.
- More bad planning: why is Padmé going to Naboo? Isn't that the first place you'd check if you were an assassin? Also, who are these refugees? More on this later.
- 22:48 podcast episode length.
- Two weeks ago was an All-Star Week of Movies by Minutes podcasters. Crystal is a perennial MxM guest host (she's been on pretty much every single one so far) and launched her own Movie by Minutes, The Fifth Eleminute on December 26th, 2016.
- Vurk such as Coleman Trebor most closely resemble the crest-headed duck-billed dinosaur Parasaurolophus, though this dinosaur was much larger (the skulls of larger individuals are as long as a grown man is tall) and was most likely quadrupedal.
- Crystal: Oh my gosh you're blowing my mind right now!
- Alex: (re: Lucas) "Like Stalin"
- Pete: Sheev's evil. "Sheevil".
- Crystal: It's Samuel L. Jackson's fault.
- Pete: (In a stage whisper) Don't tell Alex he hasn't appeared on anything since season 2. Crystal: Well I wasn't going to tell him that but apparently he's gonna know. Pete: (still pretending to whisper) No that was me whispering.