Attack of the Clones Minute 27: Marriott
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 20th, 2016
Mace Windu and Yoda walk down the long hallways, silhouetted by a lit room at the end.
- Starts with Sheev congratulating Anakin on his patience paying off; ends with Yoda decrying that arrogance is an increasing problem.
- First time Sheev and Anakin appear alone together in the movies.
- Scene in Sheev's office goes from blue to red.
- Back-to-back strolling scenes.
- In-depth discussion of Anakin and Sheev's relationship.
- Wait, how do you pronounce actor Ian McDiarmid's last name?
- The decor of Sheev's office - 70s vibe, like a Marriott hotel in need of some updates.
- The hallway in the Jedi Temple cgi looks unfinished, like pre-viz animation. It's unbelievable (in the sense of the opposite of believable").
- Anakin and Padmé's celebrity couple name.
- Discussion of the Jedi policy (Prequels vs. Original Trilogy, Jedi vs. Sith) on "feelings" .
- More of Yoda as the "superlative standard against which all Jedi are judged".
- Are there Jedi janitors? Do they use the Force to clean that hallway? How about to change light bulbs?
- Yoda's floaty chair 👎
- Yoda should be carried around in a backpack by one of the interns. Why does he need a floating chair?
- We want to see more sassy Yoda (like from The Empire Strikes Back).
- Callback: Ahmed Best (Jar Jar) was the stand-in for Yoda so the other actors could have eyeline.
- 25:52 podcast episode length.
- The word Alex is struggling to remember is "rendering".
- In the Clone Wars cartoon, Anakin and Ahsoka are able to levitate each other to prevent them from falling.
- Alex: If you're listening to this in the past, it's not up yet, but if you're listening in the present, it's good to go.
- Pete: He [Sheev] really is... A Phantom Menace. Crystal: Hah! Alex: (resignedly) The end.
- Pete: The Jedi Council's not barren—it's celibate. (note - Pete is in rare form today!)
- Crystal: [The hallway] is like the cleaner brighter Moria <from The Lord of the Rings>
- Pete: Yoda is the Wayne Gretzky of Jedi.