Attack of the Clones Minute 32: Gaslighting the Gaslighter
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 27th, 2016
Obi-Wan comes to a kind of alien diner. On the steamed-up window it says “DEX’S DINER” in alien lettering. He goes inside.
- Starts with Anakin and Padmé walking off to start their life together, and ends with Obi-Wan accepting an offer for a cup of Jawa Juice.
- Iris wipe.
- There is a pilot driving the bus.
- Why does R2 come along? As a chaperone?
- Is it just to get it so he can hang out with Threepio again?
- Hayden Christiansen's acting choices.
- R2-D2's reaction to Anakin's quip. Maybe R2 is in the market for a new master.
- "The gang" is together again.
- Artoo implanting the dreams into Anakin's head to make him return to Tatooine.
- Gaslighting the gaslighter.
- The Jendirian Valley.
- Flying machines in Sci-Fi generally aren't aerodynamic.
- Reminder: Dex's Diner is in CoCo town.
- 50's aesthetic all throughout - Med'soto style = anagram of Modesto, CA.
- Mentioned: American Graffiti.
- Goofy, but in all the wrong ways.
- Ruins suspension of disbelief.
- Rumors that he puts drugs in his food to get people addicted.
- WA-7 service droid.
- Voiced by Susie Porter, who also appears as the other waitress (two characters in one scene).
- Jawa Juice—what is it? A euphemism. Bantha hide mashed with fermented grains - (Note: Eww!)
- Are Jawas known throughout the galaxy? It's a small universe.
- Obi-Wan is SO excited to be here.
- Globalization/interplanetary cultural exchange in the Prequels.
- The Hutts as the banana republic warlords.
- Kelly will be back tomorrow.
- Rate, review, subscribe on iTunes.
- 32:13 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call: what does Jawa Juice smell like?
- Alex feels left out because his name is too common, and so he wasn't able to snag
- More Dexter material tomorrow.
- Kelly: (from Artoo's Craigslist ad) ...bonus squeals at your discretion.