Attack of the Clones Minute 43: Wet Equivocation
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 11th, 2017
Lama Su indicates a chair. Obi-Wab sits. Taun We hovers. The room is bathed in brilliant white light.
- Starts with Taun We saying the prime minister is eager to meet Obi-Wan, and ends with Lama Su telling Obi-Wan to please tell his master.
- Obi-Wan has to adjust his lightsaber when he sits down (in much the same way that men sometimes have to tuck and adjust upon sitting).
- Joseph saw somebody at San Diego Comic Con last year cosplaying as wet Obi-Wan Kenobi from these scenes.
- Referenced: the Buddy Holly songs "Peggy Sue" and "Peggy Sue Got Married".
Obi-Wan's noir adventure
- This scene is like a weird dream—antiparallel to Luke arriving on Dagobah in ESB (under the Ring theory).
- He lands on the platform and is immediately taken to meet the prime minister.
- Mentioned: Raymond Chandler's hardboiled crime novels featuring the character of Philip Marlowe (famously, The Big Sleep).
- Obi-Wan decides to pull on the string and just play along to see where things take him.
- Does the prime minister greet every visitor personally? He's like a sales representative or a vice president in a company.
- Did Sheev call ahead? Did the Kaminoans know when to expect Obi-Wan?
- Lama Su
- Played by Anthony Phelan (who was also in Babe: Pig in the City).
- Is a company man and firmly believes in the product.
- Kaminoans have a little fin on top of their heads, as do the clone trooper helmets.
- They sit on spoons and eat tapioca using chairs.
Joeseph's AOTC memories Went to a midnight showing. Saw it with his girlfriend who was not a fan of Star Wars, but was supportive of Joseph's love of the movies. She fell asleep.
- Is Obi-Wan trying to get caught not knowing what is going on?
- He's going along as far as he can without actually breaking the truth. This is the birth of Obi-Wan Kenobi the Liar/Equivocator.
- Follow @starwarsminute and @josephscrimshaw on Twitter.
- Joseph once accidentally introduced himself as "at" Joseph Scrimshaw.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/patreon.
- 20:05 podcast episode length.
- By incredible coincidence, this episode just happened to air the day after a news story broke implicating then US President-elect Trump in highly salacious activities in Russia that have relevance to the title of this episode.
- "Peggy Sue Got Married" is also the name of a 1986 film starring Kathleen Turner. It was one of the movie posters in the SWMLS photoshop thread.
- Glossing over why droids need to have genders at all, R2-D2 is consistently referred to as "he" in the films.
- Past guest of the show Jim O'Kane created a noir film out of the Kenobi on Kamino scenes.
- Joseph: ...I am a comedian, a human, and a huge fan of wet Obi-Wan Kenobi. Alex: I believe at least two of things are true.
- Pete: A wet Fett. Joseph: Jango Wett.
- Pete: (as Taun We) "Oh, we've been expecting you. Come with me let's talk to the President."
- Pete: (also as Taune We) "Welcome. Sit in a spoon."
- Pete: Lama Su's got a little bit of jiggle.
- Alex: (as Obi-Wan) Am I being punk'd?
- Pete: <singing> Wet equivocation!