Attack of the Clones Minute 49: Vote for Yoda
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 19th, 2017
Padmé and Anakin are in the middle of an idyllic hilly meadow, its lush grasses sprinkled with flowers. At a distance, a herd of shaaks graze contentedly.
- Starts with Anakin explaining that Jedi Mind tricks only work on the weak-minded, and ends with Anakin saying he doesn't know.
- More political discussion.
- Mentioned: Now Pete has to buy the domain.
- Padmé falls for the compliment.
- Do people in the Star Wars universe know about the Jedi Mind trick?
- Yes it's common knowledge, but it's rare to encounter Jedi so people aren't that worried.
- Do Jedi get to go to the movies?
- Padmé fell in love at nerd camp.
- We would have liked to have seen Palo show up on film. Anakin probably would have gotten jealous and maybe killed him.
- It would be funny to see George Lucas' idea of what a charismatic young artist would look like.
- In most romantic comedies, there would be a montage here.
- Politics talk.
- Lucas' distrust of politicians.
- Anakin likes two or three politicians. Do we know which ones?
- Sheev Palpatine.
- Ainlee Teem from Malastare.
- Anakin leans toward an Authoritarian government.
- More similar to how the Jedi are run.
- Referenced: the "Yoda da man commercial".
- The Jedi becoming complacent.
- The Jedi fail at their one job (to protect the galaxy from the Sith).
Ricky didn't see AOTC in the theaters. He bought the DVD, and would watch the Obi-Wan on Kamino scenes over and over. The first Star Wars Film he saw in theaters was ROTJ when he was 7. He remembers standing in line outside at night to get in. The Ewoks don't ruin the movie for him. Pete is on the same page. Alex has come around since doing it on the show.
- Rate and review STAR WARS MINUTE on itunes.
- Become a patreon supporter at starwarsminute.com/patreon.
- 22:41 podcast episode length.
- Senator Bernie Sanders was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for the 2016 US Presidential election. One of his campaign slogans was "Feel the Bern."
- Ricky: ...you want to bring up rubber bullets when you're having a nice little romantic picnic.
- Ricky: Oh dammmnn girl, you don't know what you're getting into right now.
- Alex: In other words, [Palo is] a tremendous disappointment to his parents.
- Alex: I don't picture Anakin being a 'Bernie' guy. Although he does wind up ironically being a burny guy. Pete: He does feel that burn.
- Pete and then Ricky: I would totally vote for Yoda.