Attack of the Clones Minute 69: Classic Obi
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 16th, 2017
A great Space dogfight ensues between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett.
- The asteroid chase continues. This minute starts with Jango and Boba in the asteroid field, and ends with the missile they launched tracking Obi-Wan.
- Missiles, which are rare in Star Wars.
- The dialog. What is Boba telling his dad to watch out for?
- How the filmmakers determined who should have what accent.
- Mentioned: Flight of the Conchords.
- The Star Wars Cantina bar in L. A.
- Cool sound design. Very "Prequelly".
- Obi-Wan says he hates to fly. Does he really?
- I thought Jedi weren't supposed to know hate.
- Jango chases Obi-Wan the way Pete plays video games: mashing shoot and heading straight at him.
- The physics of laser blasters in Star Wars.
- The non-overlapping sci-fi domains of Star Trek and Star Wars.
- Madison comes from a Star Wars family and is not as much a fan of Star Trek.
- The entire scene is summarized in the script in one sentence (see Summary above).
- How come the flipping asteroids don't smash the ships when they fly inside? Callback to minute 40 of Empire. Some kind of ground effect?
- Support the Show.
- 19:16 podcast episode length.
- The adjective form of New Zealand is "New Zealander".
- The physics of Star Wars energy weapons was brought up before. Although they are often referred to as "laser blasters" by Star Wars fans, the energy weapons in Star Wars are never explicitly described as lasers on-screen, and in fact blaster bolts, which are a form of energized particle weaponry, move much slower than the speed of light, and so their effective range is most likely quite short. Real lasers would go a lot farther (and a lot faster) than blasters, but they too will eventually lose their energy due to collisions with the interstellar medium.
- Madison: I didn't know there were that many of me out there.
- Madison: Shields for the future bullets.