Attack of the Clones Minute 72: The C-3PO Shake
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 20th, 2017
C-3PO is working outside the homestead. He looks up as ANAKIN and PADME arrive.
- Starts with Obi-Wan getting out of his ship to investigate (it's implied in his mandate), and ends with C-3PO being incredibly pleased.
- Classic wipe transition.
- The classic Lars homestead. There's no "applause shot" for the familiar location.
- Reintroduction of Treadwell! Oh and C-3PO.
- Meredith is back despite the awful headgear/headphones situation yesterday.
- Referenced: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984).
- Everyone in the universe is bad to their droids.
- Wipe transitions.
- YouTube video by Rob Ager on wipes in Star Wars.
- Mentioned: Staring at the French horn.
- Meredith assumes much darker fates for the droids.
- In the original script C-3PO was still "naked". They may have filmed it with the puppet from TPM, then digitally added his plating later.
- Anakin is Threepio's maker. Does this give him a God complex?
- Ironic, considering he's the only character in the movies that was ever mistaken for a god.
- The Ewok TV movies.
- Anthony Daniels brings the characters of both Threepio and Artoo to life.
- The feud between Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels.
- General thoughts on Natalie Portman as an actress.
- Plug for Jackie.
- George Lucas giving performance notes to his actors.
- Mentioned: The Princess Diarist
- Referenced: The Fisher clause.
- How did C-3PO recognize Anakin?
- Did he ever recognize Vader?
- Referenced: Smeagol from Lord of the Rings.
- Shop the Teepublic store at http://starwarsminute.com/merch
- 30:18 podcast episode length.
- Which way was the wipe?
- Alex mentioned Ron Ager's YouTube channel, Collative Learning once before.
- The Three Tenors, a popular trio of opera singers, were Domingo, Carreras, and Pavarotti.
- Pete is working on a "droids are cats" theory. He'll go into this more tomorrow?
- Pete: Luke's face looks weird—oh it's a ship.
- Pete: We'll see what tomorrow's butler holds.
- Alex: <Ewoks worshipping noises>
- Meredith: (indignantly) You don't have to lie for me!
- Meredith:...the end. Star Waaaaars!
- Meredith: <imitating Cliegg Lars> (pirate voice) My wife Shmi. <now as the director> More piratey sir.