Attack of the Clones Minute 78: Chenini
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 1st, 2017
ANAKIN pulls up near the edge of a cliff. He gets off the bike and creeps to the edge.
- Starts with Obi-Wan eavesdropping on a business meeting and ends with Anakin sneeking up on the Native Tatooiner camp.
- Roll Call for weird aliens.
- Referenced: Who's on first? Mentioned: Swedish Chef.
- We hated him at the time, but that hate has slowly turned to love.
- Shout-out(?) to Ben Burtt.
- Referenced: Franken Berry.
- Tambor as Reggie Watts' sound machine.
- Wat Tambor's techno.
- Father of Jeffrey Tambor.
- Contrast this scene with the podrace or the bounty hunters scene.
- Racism and potential antisemitism in the prequels.
- San Hill as a reaction to the backlash. He looks like John Kerry.
- Referenced: "I am the Walrus.
- Food Orders
•Porkins soup •Soupy •Shu Mai and a Presidente (to go) •Chenini with a side order of Shu Mai
- Cut scene of Padmé and C-3PO. He was still "naked" and Padmé gives him his skin.
- C-3PO is the weird "older brother" of Luke and Leia. Mentioned: Baker Street.
- Owen doesn't recognize Threepio later on.
- When Cliegg bought Shmi, did he have to pay extra for Creepio? Watto was probably happy to get rid of him.
- Watto's chance cube. Mentioned: the One Ring.
- The three moons of Tatooine: Ghomrassen, Guermessa, and Chenini.
- All named for towns in the vicinity of Tataouine, Tunisia.
- This meeting seems pointless: no new information is presented.
- Wat Tambor as a commencement speaker.
- Plug for stawarsminute.com/patreon.
- On the Canon tab of Wat Tambor's Wookieepedia page, it says he was voiced by Ben Burtt in this movie, but on the Legends tab it says he was voiced by Truswell. Annoyingly, both pages cite the same source (which supports the Canon tab) for this conflicting information. The Internet Movie Database agrees with the Legends page. All three pages agree that all members of the Separatist Council are entirely CGI in this movie.
- The orangutan-looking character is named Rogwa Wodrata. Along with Shu Mai, she is female. Known as "Gatorhead" during production, she was a digital replacement for Toonbuck Toora.
- "I Am the Walrus" will come up again tomorrow.
- The pile of laundry with a horn also has a name: it's Passel Argente.
- Pete: Now it's kind of charming... in how terrible I think [Wat Tambor's steampunk suit of armor] is.
- Pete: What's up over there? It looks like Frankenstein's trapped in an old refrigerator.
- Hal: We have to stop the Jedi. What do you think, 'First draft of <sic>Doctor Freeze'?
- Pete: Like, what do I do, 'black orangutan'? Hal: probably shouldn't put that into Google...under any circumstances.
- Alex: The head of the walrus men. Pete: The head of the Walrus man guild [...] "Paulrus".
- Pete, then Alex, then Hal: (as Jawas) Chenini!