Attack of the Clones Minute 84: It's a Body, Beru
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 9th, 2017
ANAKIN rides the speeder bike toward the homestead. SHMI’S BODY is tied to it.
- Starts with Artoo being told to retransmit a message to Coruscant, and ends with Padmé being told that the shifter broke.
- Return to Luke's garage and that background noise.
- New Padmé outfit (#11): Tatooine blue dress.
- Second time (just since they've arrived on Tatooine) we see a woman serving food to a man.
- The madness of doing a daily podcast.
- Still nobody is acting with anybody; finally we have a group of actors together but no one's talking.
- Shmi is wrapped in a "Shmeet".
- Anakin brings his mother's corpse home and then just leaves her somewhere (it's implied that time has passed). Why didn't he just bury her himself out in the desert?
- It would have been a stronger choice to cut straight to Shmi's funeral before doing the scene in the Lars garage.
- No one reacts as Anakin returns. The exception is Beru, who looks on in utter confusion as if she has no idea what that thing in the wrap is.
- Comments on Lucas' worldview.
- The motorcycle of it all. Mentioned: Rey's Fudgicle.
- Mentioned: the Lars family kitchen hum.
- Callbacks to the originals are done well.
- Nostalgia for the Prequels.
- Natalie Portman is doing the best she can, but there's no emotional connection between Anakin and Padmé here.
- Grumpy old men.
- Natalie Portman's quality as an actress. Comparison with Daisy Ridley.
- Trying to work on quotes from this movie (the way that the originals are so quoteable).
- Artoo is always being given messages for somebody else.
- 21:30 podcast episode length.
- As of June 2020, there is not a "Where is Shmi?" shirt in the merch store.
- Pete: (on burying bodies in the sand) ...you get a [haboob] or something and next thing you know, you got skeletons on the lawn. Well, I guess we do eventually end up with skeletons on the lawn but we'll talk about that.