Empire Minute 13: You Wouldn't Like That Dog
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
Januray 29th, 2014
The huge metal doors slam across the entrance of the ice cave.
- Starts with Cliffy and the Deck Officer (Deck Officer) closing the shield doors.
- Ends with Luke "fluffling" around in the snow, when he hears a ghostly voice.
- Odds of survival at 725:1
- Good acting by Carrie Fisher
- Who really laid the odds on Han and Luke's survival? It seems like this is more Threepio's thing than Artoo's.
- Spoilers: The odds of surviving the asteroid belt are far worse.
- Mentioned: Jimmy the Greek, "from time to time", Chewbacca's life debt
- Origin of the "raise your right hand" running joke.
- C-3PO's "robot rules"
- C-3PO is more sympathetic (but is human-prejudiced) when he says that Luke is clever for a human.
- But is Luke all that clever?
- Why do they need to close the doors? Why were they open in the first place?
- Differences from Star Wars.
- Step up in camera work and bigger budget.
- Deleted Chewbacca subplot
- Han-Chewie-Leia conflict triangle. Chewbacca was supposed to be jealous of Leia.
- Although interesting from a storytelling standpoint, it is unnecessary and would make us not like Chewie as much.
- Squabbling within the unit in later seasons/series of The West Wing and Star Trek are discussed.
- Call the hotline!
- Cold Open: Amazon ad
- 15:41 podcast episode length.
- Josh: <Chewbacca noises>
- Pete: Did you say "fluffling?"
- Pete: Are we at Droid Pride week already?
- Pete: Chewie's "howl of freedom". Josh: I called it his "soul growl."
- Josh: The "Bros and Hos quotient."