Empire Minute 40: Look for the Potato
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 7th, 2014
The TIE fighters approach the Falcon, but a giant asteroid hurtles directly into their path. As the asteroid continues on its way, it leaves remains of the two exploded TIE fighters to tumble into deep space.
- Starts with TIE fighters exploding as they hit the asteroids and ends with the Falcon going in close to one of the big asteroids.
- A good, exciting minute.
- Cool exploding TIE fighters.
- Real asteroid fields are not like this - the asteroids are actually much further apart.
- Maybe this asteroid field is the remnants of Alderaan.
- An asteroid field also appears in Episode II ("Sorry Pete"). There are almost too many asteroids and they're too close together in that movie. This is a better effect.
- Asteroid fields throughout Star Wars.
- This is a graceful chase scene.
- Chewbacca leans back in horror; great acting by Peter Mayhew.
- Also a great shot of an asteroid exploding and showering the Falcon with debris.
- When they are near a large asteroid they appear to be in its "gravitational field" and are able to fly along with it.
- Ground effect capability built in to the Falcon.
- Gravity on real asteroids.
- The asteroid scene is more exciting than the AT-AT sequence.
- The last five minutes has covered a lot of story / action - from Hoth to the asteroid field.
- This is Han's finest moment.
- The hosts wouldn't want to drive anywhere with C-3PO.
- C-3PO would be useful in tricky social situations (being a protocol droid and all).
- 18:36 podcast episode length.
- Special effect artists.
- Legend has it that there is a sneaker and a potato in the asteroid field (the hosts have never seen these). Look for the potato.
- Alex: I have a space question. Pete: <In an echoey voice> "SPACE QUESTION".
- Tim: Bigger space nerds than I...