Empire Minute 47: Cockpit Full of Meatflowers
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 18th, 2014
Luke pulls an equipment box from the shore to the clearing. He ignites a little fusion furnace and warms his hands before it. Taking a power cable, he plugs it into Artoo’s noselike socket.
- A full minute of Dagobah
- Luke could not do any preparatory research on Dagobah
- Flora and Fauna of Dagobah
- Vine snakes
- Swamp slugs
- Meat flower
- Discussion of Meat flowers
- How did Luke find Dagobah? Wasn't it erased from the databanks?
- Callback to an earlier draft: Luke is unconscious and R2 pilots the ship to Dagobah.
- Callback to the idea that Kenobi is controlling Luke's actions.
- Luke's remote control car and electric guitar.
- Mentioned: Leigh Brackett, "Freaks and Geeks"
- Does Leia know about Yoda? Luke clearly doesn't, but did Space Jimmy Smits ever talk about him?
- Yoda waits to show up until after Luke has taken out and set up all his stuff.
- Luke's "Bespin fatigues" are first seen on the Muppet Show.
- Mentioned: I'll edit that out.
- Was Luke wearing his Swine Trek fatigues under his flight suit, or did he have to awkwardly change in his X-wing cockpit? Discussion of clothes layering.
- 20:49 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: ad-read for http://starwarsminute.com/amazon
- When this movie came out, it would be rare to have tools with rechargeable batteries, unlike today where people are constantly recharging their technology.
- The "Swine Trek fatigues" are discussed further on the Live show in LA.
- Alex: ...one moist minute at a time.
- Alex: Someone's putting ideas in his head!
- Tony: Killer Oz!
- Pete: "Dagob-action."