Empire Minute 53: Asteroid Science
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 26, 2014
Vader’s Imperial Star Destroyer moves against the vast sea of stars away from the rest of the fleet.
- Starts with C-3PO putting a restraining bolt on the Han-Leia makeout session.
- Ends with a very different sort of makeout session.
- Unnamed Imperial Officer (asteroid victim).
- Return of the mouse droid.
- Pete teases us with his dislike of the Emperor.
- Referenced: "Jumping the shark"
- How do shield generators work? I guess they don't block asteroids.
- Callback to Captain Scrapey from minute 38.
Ryan drops some asteroid science on us:
The Hoth asteroid field is unrealistic because:
- Referenced: Alex's Pet Peeve the Hoth asteroid field is always used by smugglers to evade capture.
- Pan and scan is terrible.
- Please call 8-DAY-GREEDO with the asteroid victim's name and backstory.
- Is Vader Force-protecting the Star Destroyer from Asteroids? Teaser for a future minute in which we see non-Force protecting.
- Does Vader think that the Falcon gang are still alive? Can he sense Leia? Or Threepio?
- What is Vader's relationship status with the Emperor?
- Is he on board, or is he trying to usurp the Emperor?
- Mentioned: Ozzel is a secret rebel agent
- 22:13 podcast episode length.
- Ryan talked about the giant-impact hypothesis in one of his previous appearances.
- This episode first aired on Boonta Eve.
- Alex: He [Vader] really is obsessed with finding young Skywalker. Pete: He is, I read that somewhere.
- Pete: The "Mupiter zone."
- Ryan: There are two main types of meteoroids in the space...area.
- Pete: It's the Wednesday crowd. They're down.