Jedi Minute 104: Can't Knock the Space Battle
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 28th, 2015
Out of the window and on the view screens, the Rebel fleet is being decimated in blinding explosions of light and debris.
- Starts with a grieving Romba, and ends with the Emperor telling Luke there is no escape.
- A very downbeat minute.
- "Exploding minorities".
- Conor is the third and final member of iFanboy to be on the show. Shoutout to Josh Flanagan and Ron Richards.
- Conor was strongly affected seeing an Ewok die.
- Grizz Frix
- Red 5
- What happened to Luke's X-wing? Shoutout to Jordan White.
- Ekelarc Yong.
- We spend a lot of time bad-mouthing this movie, but you can't knock the space battle; it's genuinely awesome.
- This is the height of complexity and sophistication for practical, kit-bashed ships. Comparison with space battles in the Prequels which were done digitally.
- Discussion of the supervillains (real or imagined). Their motivations often don't make sense.
- The Emperor doesn't try to offer Luke any kind of incentive to get him to turn. He has no time for a drawn out seduction.
- Conor ranks the movies.
- ROTJ toy talk.
- SWM gets political. This minute is racially charged. Hopefully Conor will be back for more racist moments in the Prequls.
- Support the Show.
- 26:51 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: This episode brought to you by the Patreon supporters. Ad for Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition. Shoutout to recent Weekend Edition guests.
- Pete: You're still on the Grizz.
- Conor: ...I should probably put a t-shirt on my head and rub my belly and cry.