Jedi Minute 119: Commander Fleckter
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 18th, 2015
The Rebel pilot screams as his ship hits the Star Destroyer, causing a huge explosion.
- Starts with ships flying through the Death Star getting ready to blow some stuff up, and ends with Luke dragging Darth Vader through the hangar.
- This is the only time the phrase "Super Star Destroyer" is uttered.
- Unused (re-used?) footage from Star Wars.
- The sad death of Firmus Pirtt.
- Why do the fighters need more time? For what? What's the plan here?
- Ackbar's military leadership.
- The kamikaze pilot.
- Arvel Crynyd
- "Real" names that belong in Star Wars.
- Mentioned: Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984) and actors in it that also appeared in a Star War.
- More terrible Imperial design engineering.
- The bridge deflector shield and Pete's theory that the shield is shaped like an umbrella.
- Another unnamed Imperial: Commander Fleckter.
- Referenced: Admiral Ozzel as a secret Rebel agent, 9/11 truthers.
- The destruction of the Execucisor.
- How do Mon Calamari clap (or do anything, really) with those flipper hands? Referenced: the Simpsons.
- Nobody stops Luke from dragging Darth Vader through the halls. Referenced: GI Joe.
- How Luke found his way back to the hangar.
Rachael tells a story about a young man who stopped to thank her for the joy that her face was exuding the whole subway ride home. He probably thought she was listening to music, but she was actually listening to Star Wars Minute!
- Malakili and eating Rancor meat.
- Support the show on Patreon.
- 25:54 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call. Hidden message in the background dialog of this minute of the movie.
- Jeff Manley is actually a cartoonist and former guest of the show, and not a character in the Star Wars universe.
- Rachael: I'm Rachael Noel Fox from everywhere. Songe: And I'm Songe Riddle from here to eternity.
- Pete: ...he's really dragging that guy through the hangar, huh?
- Alex: Piett dies jumping into a "Piett" [pit] [...] just like when Tagge died in that... game of laser tag.
- Alex: Does he shoot lightning? Songe: No he shoots documentaries.
- Pete: (announcer voice) Chaos on the Death Star!