Jedi Minute 125: Hiding Under the Bed
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 25th, 2015
Luke sets a torch to the logs stacked under a funeral pyre where his father’s body lies, again dressed in black mask and helmet.
- Starts with the ewok battle/party trumpets, and ends with a peaceful scene of campfires around Endor.
- Anakin's funeral pyre.
- This entire scene was a much later pick-up shot.
- Kevin is
ewok-neutralpro-ewok. He was a prime age for ewoks when the movie came out.
- We're finally in a streak of pro-ewok people.
- Chopping wood with a lightsaber.
- The theory that trees on Endor are highly flammable/explosive.
- Pyre or ewok barbecue?
- Eat or be eaten: the Endor way
- Alex finally goes into the Ring Theory: This scene is supposed to parallel Qui-Gon's funeral.
- Other places we see fire in the series.
- Smoking in Star Wars. Mentioned: vape pens.
- This minute is very literate and reflective. We don't instantly know what Luke is thinking. Parallel to Luke staring at the twin suns?
- Luke is experiencing loss: of his father and his own darkness.
- He put the helmet back on before burning Vader. Mentioned: Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, werewolves.
- What happens to evil Force users when they die? Mentioned: Ender's Shadow.
- The Death Star was destroyed, but what about the rest of the Imperial fleet? Did they give up as soon as the Emperor died? (See below). Mentioned: the Bakshi The Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz.
- Did the Imperials also have fireworks ready to go if they won?
- Mentioned: Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Wookiees (being dog-like) are terrified of fireworks and are all hiding under the bed.
- The big Special Edition change.
- Everyone is celebrating across the galaxy. Parallels Flash Gordon (1980).
- Kevin ranks the movies.
- He was so burned by Episode I that he never saw Episode II.
- Ranking the Mad Max movies. Mentioned: Mad Max Minute (see below).
- Mentioned: "Spaced".
- This scene doesn't feel especially "Star Wars-y".
- Support the show.
- 27:31 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call. Why did the Rebels have fireworks ready to go at the end of the big battle? Where did those come from?
- Unsurprisingly, there is an article on fireworks on Wookieepedia. It should please Pete to know that certain Y-wings were equipped with fireworks dispensers.
- This is Kevin's second time on the show. The first was during the "I Am Your Father's Day" live show.
- We will see that helmet again. We also get to see chopping trees with lightsabers later on.
- Golden Tony voiced Legolas in The Lord of the Rings (1978).
- In the short story The Levers of Power, it was revealed that the remainder of the Imperial fleet was ordered to evacuate upon the destruction of Death Star II.
- There was no Mad Max Minute podcast when this episode first aired, but one has been started and completed since then.
- Mars Wong is still the youngest guest of the show; he was 15 when he first appeared on the show.
- The next time Kevin will be on the show will be for Attack of the Clones, but he sticks around the whole week. He still had not watched the movie, but agreed to sit through it for the first time the afternoon before recording his minutes.
- Kevin: We get every boy's fantasy: killing his father.
- Pete: You have a funny definition of "first".
- Alex: More 'LOTR' than 'SW'.