Jedi Minute 128: Or Don't Come Back At All
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 1st, 2015
Part I of the closing credits.
- Starts and ends with the credits.
- Jack Purvis.
- Which actor credits are paired, and in what order: stature, respect, and pecking order.
- Jedi slide.
- Comparison with the credits from Empire.
- All the actors who have played Anakin/Darth Vader.
- Listener project: the reverse Darth Vader—dub James Earl Jones with David Prowse's voice.
- He was/is still notorious as an information leak.
- His disappointment at not getting to be the face of the unmasked Vader.
- Mentioned: The Simpsons.
- Already mentioned credits: Nilo Rodis-Jamero, Ben Burtt.
- The second 'T' is silent.
- David ranks the movies.
- David's ROTJ memories.
He had to go to the bathroom and missed the opening crawl. He liked the Ewoks at the time but was very disappointed with Boba Fett. He had his own fan theories that didn't turn out to be true.
- Stormtrooper voices.
- The old black and white comic that came with the Kenner Imperial troop transport.
- Toy talk.
- Sending in proofs of purchase for mail-in figures.
- David won't be able to make it back tomorrow.
- 33:40 podcast episode length.
- Shame on you Pete, all true SWM fans know that James Earl Jones' first credit as Darth Vader was for the Holiday Special.
Dave Prowse facts
- David Prowse played Julian in A Clockwork Orange. He has only five lines of dialog in the entire movie.
- Alex has previously referred to David Prowse as a blabbermouth, during the I Am Your Father's Day live show. At that time Pete urged Alex not to bad-mouth him as Prowse followed the show on Twitter.
- David Prowse receiving fake script pages will be mentioned again during their coverage of the Naboo movie.
- Prowse "spoiled" the ending to The Empire Strikes Back back in 1978, but because he got some of the details wrong, it could have just been a lucky guess.
Other Meta Notes
- 'Gary' is the name the guys gave to one of the clone troopers in AOTC.
- At the time this episode originally aired, gold was going for nearly $1200 per ounce. By contrast, an original Kenner proof of purchase was only worth (according to eBay) about 5 bucks.
- This is the first time on the show that a guest has been asked to come back tomorrow where the guest was unable to make it back.
- See also: Guest Steele Saunders
- He really did come back tomorrow.
- Pete: [The Jedi slide] is my favorite ride at Action Park.
- Alex: (re: David Prowse) The "meat" of Darth Vader.
- Alex: He [David Prowse] was a notorious blabbermouth.
- Alex: (re: David's bathroom break) Was it 'number 1' or 'number 2'? David: it was 'number 1'. Pete: No, it was number 3; it was Return of the Jedi.
- David: (As one of the flunky stormtroopers at the Mos Eisley checkpoint, after his CO was mind-tricked) What the hell's the matter with you, Sarge? I think these might be the droids we're looking for!
- Pete: Please send us all your comics.