Jedi Minute 23: Lazy Mafia Nap
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 4th, 2015
Noisily, the main gate lifts to flood the blackness with blinding LIGHT and reveal the silhouetted figure of LUKE SKYWALKER.
- Starts with a mysterious figure entering Jabba's Palace
- Ends with Luke Skywalker confronting Jabba the Hutt.
- The iconic Slave Leia is introduced in this scene.
- Luke Force chokes someone instantly without giving it a second thought.
- The staging of this sequence makes it look very fake. The guards should be more surprised or shocked.
- This is another great sequence for the musical remake of the movie.
- The audience is supposed to think that Luke is slipping towards the Dark Side. This is the first time we see a "good guy" doing something bad.
- Who taught Luke to Force choke? Yoda? If so, did they practice on each other in the beginning.
- The term "Force choke" was popularized in EU - it wasn't really a concept when the movies were first released.
- Why this sequence is staged the way it is. Was it done to avoid Luke violently killing anybody?
- Luke is the first person to be on Bib Fortuna's wave-length. Bib Fortuna is truly an alien from another system.
- This sequence feels too rehearsed and over-directed. Great moves but with a very awkward feel and silly dialogue.
- Close up of Jabba sleeping as Salacious Crumb looks at either Jabba's tail or Leia.
- Everyone is sleeping again, so when is all the action at Jabba's Palace taking place? This must be the morning after Leia was captured during the night.
- Where did Leia's outfit come from?
- This sleeping scene looks ever worse than the first scene.
- Only Leia, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb and the guards are awake. Maybe the guards only just woke-up and that's why they're not at their best.
- Lando could have killed Jabba there and then but he may have known that Luke was close-by and didn't want to start a fight. Lando has the worst job of our heroes and has to work the hardest.
- The hosts try to figure out the plan - again.
- Everyone that arrives for the rescue gets captured almost straight-away; only Lando has held his cover.
- Why didn't Lando warn Leia that it was a bad time to release Han from the carbonite?
- Why Lando lowers his mask the couple of times that he does.
- Everyone in the palace knows all about the plan and Lando and everything.
- Slave Leia, Carrie Fisher and audience reactions.
- The few female characters in Star Wars.
- Aunt Beru cosplayers.
- What is C-3PO doing in this sequence? He's just standing facing the back wall.
- C-3PO is basically useless for this whole gambit and does very little translation.
- Changes to Wookiepedia following the Disney purchase - canon versus Legends.
- EU material making its way into canon (e.g. Coruscant).
- Bib Fortuna recognizes Luke Skywalker right away - maybe from the earlier hologram.
- Independent Star Wars movies from the other character's points of view. This would be a great extra on a DVD-ROM.
- A Bib Fortuna solo movie would be very surreal.
- Bib Fortuna's prosthetic teeth would keep flying out during filming.
- Support the Show.
- 24:30 podcast episode length.
- Dan: What is the point of Lando?
- Pete: <In regards to Lando> Even though you're trying to be Skip Jack Scooby-Doo or whatever your name is.
- Dan: I had a couple of layers to this. Pete: Princess Leias.