Jedi Minute 41: Yoda's Butler
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 2nd, 2015
Yoda sits himself on his bed, with great effort.
- Starts with Yoda saying that he's not that strong.
- Ends with Yoda telling Luke that he will only be a Jedi once he confronts Vader.
- How much does Yoda bench / lift?
- Thanks to Tony for joining the podcast for a week of dying Muppet.
- Tony loves the Muppets very much.
- Shoutout to the other Muppet-loving Tony.
- It's always weird to see a Muppet legs. Yoda looks pretty good for an old dying Muppet.
- Luke holding and singing to Yoda.
- Where does Yoda get all his stuff from? Space Amazon?
- Yoda is even more confusing than normal when he's being poetic.
- Can Yoda decide when he's going to die? It must have something to do with Luke returning because the timing is too coincidental.
- Jedi dying just means that they move to the next level (i.e. Force ghost).
- Yoda just didn't want to die alone.
- Yoda finally revealing to Luke that he isn't actually Yoda and he was tricking him the whole time. He is actually just Yoda's butler.
- Yoda tells Luke that he has to confront Darth Vader again to become a Jedi. Does every Jedi have a personal challenge to overcome before becoming a Jedi? Also, what would happen to Luke if Darth Vader died in some other way?
- Referenced: El Guapo from ¡Three Amigos!
- Yoda means "kill" when he says "confront".
- Could Luke just have gone straight for the Emperor instead?
- What Yoda is wearing around his neck. Maybe it's his Life Alert bracelet / necklace.
- Does Yoda have pajamas to sleep in or does he just wear the robes? Jedi seem to only have one outfit that they wear for everything.
- Jedi as crazy old wizards.
- Yoda doesn't need more than one outfit given that he's living alone by himself in a swamp. Are these the same robes that he was wearing in the Prequels?
- The nature / status of Yoda and Yaddle's relationship.
- There's a quote that could be paraphrased irl from now on - when Yoda says "That is the way of things". Pete is going to say this every time he gets into bed - it will be a very deep cut.
- Luke is effectively tucking Yoda in to bed. Alex is going to organize for Mark Hamill to tuck Pete into bed at some point.
- Luke is very whiny in this minute as Yoda is trying to quietly die. Yoda should have gotten very annoyed at Luke.
- Did Luke reclaim his lamp from Yoda after he died? How long after Luke's last visit to Dagobah is this taking place? 3 months, 1 year, 3 years?
- Luke is already dressed in black for Yoda's passing.
- The orange firelight lighting in this sequence is unusual.
- Support the Show.
- Call 8-DAY-GREEDO and say what you like about Ewoks.
- Tony will be back tomorrow for more Yoda fun.
- 19:48 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call - the caller discusses Bantha poodoo versus Bantha fodder.
- According to Wookieepedia, the events of this movie take place 1 year after the events of The Empire Strikes Back.
- Pete: When we hear "dying Muppet", we think Tony Consiglio.
- Tony: What are you doing with Yoda's butler?
- Alex: Hey man, we're all one with The Force.