Jedi Minute 42: The Receipt
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 3rd, 2015
Yoda’s eyes are full of weariness and compassion. An odd, sad smile creases his face. He turns painfully on his side, away from Luke.
- Starts with Yoda confirming that Luke needs to confront Vader.
- Ends with Luke being petulant.
- Completely organic plug for starwarsminute.com/amazon
- Referenced: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
- Yoda totally ignores Luke's question about Vader being his father and then hides under the blanket.
- Does Yoda know everything that happened on Cloud City? Yes, Ben the gossip told him the whole story.
- The Force only gives you images and flashes of what may have happened. It's like weird Déjà vu.
- It sounds like Yoda says "Your father is..." and then leaves Luke, and the audience, hanging to find out.
- Why was Vader telling Luke unexpected? And exactly what aspect of it was unexpected?
- Anakin turning into Darth Vader in the Prequels. Sorry Pete.
- What Yoda and Ben were hoping would happen and whether they were going to tell Luke or not.
- Yoda telling Luke about the old days.
- Maybe Yoda just forgot all about Vader being Luke's father in his old age.
- Minute 42:
- In The Empire Strikes Back this is Luke arriving on Dagobah for the first time.
- In A New Hope this is Luke saying that he wants to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like his father.
- The Force is always involved in minute 42. 42!
- The EU theory that Yoda has been dead this whole time and this is just his Force ghost.
- Mentioned: The Simpsons, Tupac and Biggie Smalls.
- Force ghost levels and who / what can see Force ghosts.
- Yoda as a poltergeist and R2 as a robot ghost.
- The whole Star Wars saga being Greedo's or Han Solo's dying dream in the cantina - depending on who shot first and who actually died.
- Han Solo's dreams within dreams - it's like Inception with multiple divergent timelines. Various divergent timelines and story threads.
- Chewbacca having a life debt to Jabba instead of Han Solo.
- How is Luke still shocked when Yoda confirms that Vader is his father? There have been a LOT of clues up until this point.
- Yoda and Ben continuing the ruse by saying that Vader was lying. Yoda declaring that he (i.e. Yoda) is actually Luke's father.
- How many children does Yoda have? Yoda leaving his entire inheritance to Luke, to the disappointment of his own children.
- Where the children training to become Jedi in the Prequels come from. The Jedi steal them as infants from all around the Galaxy.
- Referenced: Krampus
- What happens with Jedi children that don't have the Force.
- What does the general population think of the Jedi? Are they beloved or seen as the police?
- What Luke's policy will be on all of this when he takes over in Episode VII.
- Support the Show.
- 25:22 podcast episode length.
- Alex doesn't quite have all the details right. The security hologram that Obi-Wan saw was from the Jedi temple. In the hologram, Palpatine congratulates the newly minted Darth Vader.
- Minute 42 of TPM is the conversation at the Skywalker dinner table about exploding slaves. It has Anakin's line that no one can kill a Jedi.
- According to George Lucas, the Jedi are NOT supposed to be celibate. Attachment and possession are forbidden, but physical relationships are not. In the Clone Wars cartoon, it is implied that Obi-Wan had a relationship with the Duchess Satine.
- Pete: Oh look at that, is it 900 years already? I gotta go.
- Pete: Your father is...making whoopee!
- Pete: The Notorious B.I.G.G.S.