Jedi Minute 68: Horse Pilot
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 8th, 2015
Luke runs with the helmet to where Han has found the charred wreckage of a speeder bike in the grass.
- Starts with the further adventures of Leia's hat; ends with Chewbacca finding some meat on a stick.
- The meat on the stick: unidentified tusked species.
- Wicket still being scared of Leia's hat (Note: this was brought up last week).
- Why else would Leia leave it?
- Everybody ditches their Rebel hats.
- Han being glad Leia was gone.
- Ewoks eating the speeder bikers.
- Callback to Pete listing the native Fauna of Endor.
- This is the third time that Alex has tried to look up the EU name of something in this movie and been disappointed.
- Asterios loves Star Wars and that this show exists.
- How much does Han really understand Chewie?
- The character of Chewbacca being inspired by George Lucas' dog.
- Other dog-like properties of Wookiees.
- How Endor won the lucrative Death Star contract.
- Why not build it at Coruscant? To get away from it all.
- The Empire destroying stars vs. planets.
- The Sun Crusher. Referenced: Wesley and Beverly Crusher from Star Trek.
- Space Epic (and the backup book) from Devastator Press. Asterios could use help from the listeners; comment on the Facebook page with the best dumb things from the EU.
- Other dumb things from the EU:
- Star Wars in 3D.
- 25:35 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Ad-read starwarsminute.com/patreon.
- Julian Lennon was the inspiration for no less than 3 Beatles songs.
- Good job Alex, Starkiller base does destroy stars, but not by blowing them up.
- The Sun Crusher was armed with "resonance torpedos" capable of causing a star to go supernova.
- Hohass was a Thakwaash. Although they were equinoid in form, they were in fact bipeds and not full-on horses. He was a founding member of Wraith Squadron.
- The Phantom Menace 3D re-release made $43,456,382 domestically (half of it in the opening weekend), for a total lifetime gross of $533,827,888. There are no available figures on how much it cost to convert, but if we take Asterios' estimate at face value, that would still have left a profit of more than $285,000,000.
- Asterios: (as a newly single Han Solo) Me and Mon Mothma are gonna hit the town.
- Asterios: (as the Emperor) We better go somewhere else. Those teddy bears seem cool.
- Asterios: (as 'Senator' Wicket) Yub yub. Yub yub mint julep yub yub? Yub yub wet your whistle?
- Pete: I thought the Sun [son] Crusher was Wil Wheaton. Alex: *groans* Asterios: Oh, I get it! I'm the dumb one, as usual.
- Pete: It's hard to top Horse Pilot.
- Alex and then Pete: "Small potatoes compared to a horse pilot."
- Asterios: I can't read all of Wookieepedia—I'll die! Like, I'll literally choke to death on my own barf.
- Alex: <Liverpudlian accent> Pick whatever duality you want.