Jedi Minute 71: Martin Short
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 13th, 2015
The Ewoks begin to chant at Threepio.
- C-3PO enjoys his godhood, and Han makes an attempt to punch him.
- First Ewok dialogue that sounds like English words.
- The Rebellion has no qualms about interfering with the local culture. There's no prime directive.
- At last C-3PO is in his element. What if he flipped and took full advantage of the situation?
- Referenced: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the telephone game.
- Ewok fact:
- Mon Mothma, Aunt Beru, and Luke all go to the same hair stylist.
- C-3PO's origins.
- Anthony Daniel's dedication to playing the role of C-3PO.
- Promotional Mac & Cheese.
- Harrison Ford cares very little for the proceedings.
- Han having going into rehab and leaving his old friendships behind.
- C-3PO's accent when speaking Ewokese.
- Referenced "Cannonball" by The Breeders.
- 16:15 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Asterios calls in. Why is C-3PO programmed not to impersonate a god? When would that ever come up in his daily life helping Shmi on Tatooine?
- Martin Short acted in Captain Ron (1992)
- Crystal is a member of the Star Wars Minute Listener's Society
- You can view the clip of the Ewoks speaking English on the Star Wars Minute Youtube channel
- Pete: (on the Ewok dialogue) "That guy's wise. Martin Short."
- Pete: "I'm sure there's like a hairless breed." Alex: Ugh. Crystal: EWW!
- Crystal: I think that [Han] is like a fun kind of grandpa.
- Pete: When British robots try to do Ewok accents— Alex: You won't believe what happens next.