Jedi Minute 72: Bright Tree Village
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 14th, 2015
Han is placed on a spit above what looks like a barbecue pit and the others are leaned against a tree nearby.
- Starts with Han's attempted deicide, and ends with Han about to be roasted alive.
- "I have a really bad..."
- First appearance of Logray.
- The time it took to tie everybody up and carry them back to the village. Easier ways to do this.
- Ewoks are supposedly stronger than they look.
- Hints of a power struggle between Logray (the shaman) and Chief Chirpa.
- Played by Mike Edmonds (of Jabba's tail fame).
- C-3PO's throne.
- Ewok matte paintings.
- Han's duster jacket is nowhere to be seen. Shoutout to former guest of the show Chris Schweizer.
- Ewok village playset: Bright Tree Village.
- Referenced: the Ewok TV movies.
- Disney's upcoming Star Wars Land.
- Crystal is fascinated by Ewoks from an anthropological perspective.
- Which Ewoks are female?
- Societal biases in assuming which Ewoks are male vs. female.
- Referenced: the Smurfs, Aliens.
- Ewok reproduction.
- Tim Tebow: related to Teebo?
- Ewok Jedi?
- Referenced: Harry Potter.
- Force spectrum.
- Pete is on the fence about the Midi-chlorians.
- Star Wars-themed hotels: where would you want to stay?
- Shared ancestry between Ewoks and Wookiees? (note: See below). Mentioned: The Greatest Show on Earth, Golden Tony.
- Why did they pick Han to cook first?
- Ewoks forming a 'living ladder' like ants do.
- 27:06 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: plug for the Official STAR WARS MINUTE tee shirt.
- The guys do eventually cover the first Ewok movie, but not one minute at a time.
- Crystal's theory of Ewok evolution is very similar to Josh Flanagan's explanation for Jawa shortness.
- Fun fact: a "butt load" is a real unit of measure, equivalent to 490 liters.
- Alex: Did I ever tell you about my mother-in-law? She stayed in an ice hotel.
- Crystal:...spiders—you know—span all galaxies. Alex: They are the universal horror? Crystal: They are the universal horror.
- Pete: "A Yoda made of Ewoks": you will sell a buttload of those.