Jedi Minute 73: Logray and The Golden God
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 15th, 2014
The drums start beating, and all the furry heads turn to the large hut. Leia emerges, wearing an animal-skin dress.
- Starts with Han saying he has a really bad feeling about this, and ends with Leia telling the Ewoks to let her people go.
- First appearance of hippie woodland nymph Leia.
- Ewok sea shanty.
- Referenced: "Go Down Moses".
- ROTJ toy talk.
- Woklings. They're even cuter than regular Ewoks.
- Cute furry character names.
- Referenced: Devo.
- Ewok family structure and mating rituals.
- Gamer nerd Ewoks.
- Mentioned: Monchhichis and other Saturday morning cartoon shows. Licensed toys went crazy in the 80's.
- Logray fiddling with Luke's lightsaber.
- The people who hold/come in contact with Luke's lightsaber (other than Luke).
- C-3PO as Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now.
- Listener project: Dub C-3PO with dialog from Apocalypse Now.
- Is the music diegetic? Ewok DJ or band?
- Pete's belief that the Force does not exist. Comparison to a fortune-teller or Tarot reader.
- What do the Ewoks think of our heroes?
- Follow the Show on Twitter and Tumblr.
- 23:18 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Lance E. from Atlanta, GA. This is his least favorite minute of the movie. When did Leia have time to do her hair and change her clothes? They're in the middle of a mission.
- The official website for the city of Charlestown, Rhode Island is http://charlestown.govoffice.com.
- The shot of Logray fiddling with the lightsaber is very similar to a scene in TLJ.
- According to the Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide, "Luka" means "stars" in Ewokese.
|Characters (other than Luke) that handle Luke's lightsabers (canon, on-screen appearances only)|
(WARNNING: Potential TLJ spoiler)
|Obi-Wan||Blue||ANH, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, ROTS|
|Count Dooku||Blue||Star Wars: The Clone Wars|
|Hondo Ohnaka||Blue||Star Wars: The Clone Wars|
|Padmé||Blue||Star Wars: The Clone Wars|