Jedi Minute 80: Dorothy Parker Sass Machine
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 24th, 2015
The conclusion of our live show from Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim!
- Starts with Leia telling Luke not to talk that way, and ends with Leia getting up and saying no.
- It's a very negative minute.
- Literal cricket chirps after Luke makes his revelation to Leia.
- Leia quotes Han: "I know".
- Matt is back!
Another dramatic reading. Once again, playing the part of Luke Skywalker will be our very own Alex Robinson; playing the part of Princess Leia will be Matt Gourley, and Pete will read the occasional stage directions.
- What a crazy coincidence, the teaser trailer for Episode VII just dropped yesterday (April 16th, 2015), and uses an alternate take of dialog from this minute.
- We'd like to see Leia using the Force and training padawans to be sassy.
- If Luke invites you out to the balcony to talk, DON'T go unless you want him to tell you all about the Force again.
- Leia seems to be able to cope with the fact that she's Luke's sister relatively well. Does she believe him?
- 2-1B's spin-off crime procedural drama show.
- Leia not letting Luke finish, and assuming his sister was somebody else.
Matt tells an embarrassing story of having his head turned by a cute girl, only to immediately discover it was his own sister. She looks a lot like Princess Leia.
- Leia has just discovered that her family wasn't dead, but that her brother or father (or both) was about to be killed when Luke went to go confront Vader.
- What if Leia didn't believe Luke and thought he was crazy?
- Luke telling everybody that they're related to him.
- How much of the rest of the story does Luke know?
- Mentioned: The obstetrician robot.
- If that's the "B-machine", what happened to the "A-machine"?
- Mentioned: The Brackett Draft. Summoning a Force ghost.
- Flash forward to the flying whales on Kamino.
- Props to Ben Burtt.
- Listener Projects: Make a five-minute loop of the crickets chirping as Leia makes a face.
- Different ways to describe the Force.
- Carrie Fisher facts:
- Middle name: Frances.
- Turned down a part in The Blue Lagoon.
- Worked to punch up the scripts for the Prequels.
- Alternate casting of Star Wars.
- Mentioned: The Star Wars radio drama.
- William December Williams as a Zen koan.
- 23:09 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call from inside Celebration. Lars kicks off the controversy about Moisture Vaporators.
- Not surprisingly, MoistureEvaporators.com and e_vaporators.com are not real websites.
- For whatever reason, the midwife droid has "feminine" programming.
- The question of "what does the 'D' stand for?" was answered in minute 121 of ESB
- Matt: ...and I'm Matt Gourley from Moisture Evaporators dot com. That's "'e' underscore vaporators" dot com.
- Alex: We can bun each other's hair.
- Pete: (as Leia) He [Luke]'s gotta stop hanging out with that puppet.
- Pete: I don't speak Chroon-Tan.