Jedi Minute 93: Two Big Thumbs Up
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 13th, 2015
Luke's look darts from the Emperor to Vader and, finally, to the sword in the Emperor's hand.
- Starts with the Emperor telling Luke his friends are walking into a trap, and ends with C-3PO telling Wicket to wait.
- Debut of "Sad Sheev".
- Sheev's "I meant to do that" moment.
- What the Emperor and Vader did while waiting for the Death Star to be completed.
- Is Vader in on the plan? No, but if you asked him he'd deny it.
- Abandoned subplot where the Emperor was playing Vader against Jerjerrod.
- Vader is the limo service for Luke.
- The Rebels are bad at noticing they're heading into traps.
- "Legion of my best troops." How bad are they guys didn't make the cut.
- Mentioned: Airplane! (instruments)
- What Sheev's default voice sounds like.
- More specific advice that Obi-Wan or Yoda could have given Luke
- Sarcastic irritating sad Sheev. Every word drips with contempt.
- The shield generator blocks his wifi signal.
- Fisticuffs! Star Trek is super punchy, but it's very rare in Star Wars.
- Mentioned: V (tv series)
- C-3PO on sentry duty.
- The theory that people in Star Wars are illiterate, especially Han.
- Recreational drug use by the Ewoks.
Joseph ordered the ROTJ picture book a week before the movie. His brother read half of it before seeing the movie and called him at home to tell him about it. He was 9 and his brother was 12. Things that were "un-haveable" back in the day.
- The coolness (or lack thereof) of jetpacks in Star Wars.
- Flash forward to Jango hitting his head on Slave I.
- Are Stormtroopers clones?
- We know you hate it when we talk about the toys.
- Callback to the Wall of Sad Lobots.
- Joseph had to drive an hour to Minneapolis to buy ROTJ action figures, but got Jedi Luke.
- Pete's "misfortune" for always getting the first versions of toys (the rarer more valuable ones) rather the more movie accurate versions.
- 24:14 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Plug for Alphabeatical.
- Number of punches thrown vs. number of kicks.
- The possibility of STAR WARS MINUTE-pedia is first mentioned in this episode.
- In (Which episode?), Kristen determines what adult beverages the Ewoks would drink.
- Jango hitting his head was first mentioned Star Wars Minute 80.
- Joseph: I can finally feel joy.
- Joseph: (Palpatine voice) I killed so many Bothans...to make this happen. Pete: You wouldn't believe. Joseph: (normal voice) To plan this surprise party for you.
- Joseph: (as Vader) Son, please come over here for evil. Daddy's got to drive you home...to see angry grandpa.
- Joseph: "Bantha poodoo-pedia" Pete: Let me write that down. Joseph:..."poodoo-pedia". Give me a cut of all that internet money you make.