Phantom Menace Minute 100: Soft Loss
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 8th, 2016
Jar Jar exits the swamp lake and walks over to Queen Amidala, Captain Panaka, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon.
- Starts with Qui-Guy and Obi-Wan finishing their conversation. Qui-Guy admits that Obi-Wan is a much wiser man.
- Ends with the gang arriving at the Gungan Sacred Place.
- New Queen outfit (Sabé): battle dress.
- More negative Panaka. This is one is his most grim pronouncement.
- Our big 100th episode spectacular.
- Originally, the droids did not find Otoh Gunga, and the Naboo starship flies straight into the water to dock with the city.
- Frustratingly, there is little information on Wookieepedia about the Sacred Place.
- Adding texture and depth that hints at a larger universe.
- Mentioned: Massassay temples.
- The Trials.
- Cut scene of Jar Jar in the Gungan city, showing blast points.
- The heartbreak of Ahmed Best's story.
- Everyone thought Jar Jar would be great and the breakout character, and is now one of the most reviled characters in cinema history.
- The critical success when this movie first came out.
- Follow Jacob on Twitter.
- Mentioned: Former guest of the show Paul Scheer.
- Jacob reiterates that he is not specifically "Team Prequels", he's "Team George".
- 27:46 podcast episode length.
- Songe Riddle used the same "from" gag in an earlier appearance.
- According to Wookieepedia, the Elders are a different race than the Gungans or the Naboo.
- Pete: ...analyze, scrutinize, and Obi-Wan's much more wise...
- Jacob:...I'm Jacob Sirof from here to eternity.
- Jacob: Captain Panaka: Captain Pa-no-no.