Phantom Menace Minute 11: Alien Race Face
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 7th, 2015
Qui-Gon runs through the strange landscape, glancing back to see the monstrous troop transports, emerging from the mist. Animals begin to run past him in a panic.
- First time we watch a ship land on the ground
- Jar Jar first appears at the end of this minute
- This is a prequel - why isn't it more old-timey (compared to the Original Trilogy, which is the space 70s, why isn't this the space 40s?)
- Uncanny Valley of all-CGI scenes
- Racism in TPM
- Nemoidians seem dubbed like in a kung fu film
- Referenced: Jurassic Park, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Darkman, Starship Troopers
- Mentioned: the 8-DAY-GREEDO hotline, Matt Gourley
- Ahmed Best interview where he mentions that Michael Jackson wanted to be Jar Jar
- Jar Jar's dialogue is written out as it is performed
- Battle droids are automatons built for a purpose, but they have ranks
- How does that even work? Are they built to be certain ranks, or do they rise from private to general based on age?
- 23:21 podcast episode length.
- The dinosaur from Jurassic Park that was referred to is actually a Brachiosaurus.
- Pete's pronunciation of "STAAAP" becomes a bit of a running joke
- Flash forward: Fode/Beed will be discussed in more detail when they/it appear(s) in Minute 56
- The Harrison Ford quote they are referring to is: "George, you can type this [S-Wing], but you can't say it!"
- "Cassio" is the first name of General Tagge from Star Wars
- Acker: (explaining where the racist accents came from) "You who know I hate working for: our boss. You know what would get him in a lot of hot water...there's no way he can come back from this."
- Acker: (reading from his notes) "Jar Jar is pretty terrible."
- Blacker: "For such a well-thought out universe, it's not a well-thought out universe!"
- Blacker: "My iPod, which is not an iPhone, it's like from 8-9 years ago, can hold so many songs, and it is leading the electronic army in my home."