Phantom Menace Minute 14: Degree of Difficulty
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 10th, 2015
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan swim behind Jar Jar, who is very much at home in the water.
- Jar Jar's mode of speech and high dive are in the script just as they appear in the film
- First beautiful view of Otoh Gunga
- First real underwater locale in Star Wars
- Jedi rebreather
- Shoutout to future guest of the show John Mathot
- Referenced: Mystery Science Theater 3000, Cool Runnings, Who Let the Dogs Out, Olympic diver Greg Louganis, the Pool scene from National Lampoon's Vacation (Warning:Language), Back to School, Trainspotting
- Discussion of Jar Jar's Olympics-level dive
- Mentioned:Henry Selick who worked on Caravan of Courage
- 20:03 podcast episode.
- Sklar bro #1: It's like laughing at a Jeff Dunham joke.
- Pete: So far you've likened [Jar Jar] to Sandusky and Elmo...