Phantom Menace Minute 19: Abe Vigoda
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 17th, 2015
Qui-Gon looks around and sees a huge, luminous Opee Sea Killer has hooked them with its long gooey tongue.
- Starts with our heroes being chased by the OPC killa, and ends with Darth Sidious speaking to the Nemoidians.
- The Sando aqua monster
- Mammal (not a fish), 200 m tall (~50% of an Empire State Building).
- Qui-Gon's "There's always a bigger fish" line.
- The cut dialog mentioned yesterday continues into this minute.
- Tony repeats what he thought Jar Jar was saying.
- Do Jedi need translator droids? Or can they just read minds?
- Referenced: The X-Men, other Marvel characters.
- Jar Jar speaks a fake kids' language, like Pig Latin.
- Referenced: "Zoom" (1972 TV series).
- In the original script, Jar Jar is driving until he blunders them into the mouth of the Opee Sea Killer, then Obi-Wan takes over.
- Mentioned: What is that in Enterprises?
- 26:22 podcast episode length.
- Ad-read: A special appearance by Santa Clause himself to give Pete his Christmas present, and to endorse starwarsminute.com/amazon and Alex's new book Our Expanding Universe.
- From the script for The Phantom Menace.
JAR JAR : Mesa cause-ed mabee one or duey lettal bitty axadentes...yud-say
boom da gasser, un crash Der Bosses heyblibber...den banished.
- The "Italian horn" is called a Cornicello.
- Jedi do not punch in any of the films, although there are numerous examples of Jedi and sith kicking people in the face.
- At the time this episode aired, the 54th president of the United States had not yet been elected. Immediately following the election, Pete and Alex revealed their disappointment in the outcome of the election on Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition 84.
- Abe Vigoda played Phil Fish on "Barney Miller". He will be brought up again on Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition 41.
- Tony: And I am Tony Consiglio from "http;//tonyconsiglio/facebook;facebook.com" (Now Pete has to buy that).
- Alex: ...people will be like "Why are they talking about Donald Trump so much?" Pete: They shouldn't be bad-mouthing the president like that.