Phantom Menace Minute 22: Planet Human
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 22nd, 2015
The waterfalls of Theed sparkle in the noonday sun.
- The invasion continues, with Nute and Rune arriving, ends with Nute giving the order to "process" the Queen and her friends.
- This scene was added later to replace the cut waterfall scene.
- Introduction of the handmaidens
- Keira Knightley as Sabé.
- Second Padmé outfit: orange handmaiden.
- Mentioned: the Sehhhnate.
- This shot of the droids marching into Theed is supposed to evoke the Germans marching into Paris during WWII.
- Odd imagery for a movie supposedly aimed at children.
- Part of the running theme of the schizophrenic tone of the movie.
- Movies we'd like to see: Play it Again, Figrin D'an based on Casablanca.
- The Nemoidians have no entourage, whereas Amidala anyways has a retinue, even for when she's being rescued.
- Considering that the endgame for the Nemoidians was to get the Queen to sign the treaty, they are in no hurry (they send her to be processed first), and don't seem all that excited that they won.
- "Nute and Rune" the spin-off sitcom.
- Roads in Star Wars.
- Hydrology on Naboo.
- More on Sidious' plan.
- This is all to give the Nemoidians something to do in order to generate a crisis.
- Earth wildlife is common in this movie.
- Animals in the Ewok movie
- Mentioned: Blasé tree goats.
- Referenced: "Smooth Operator" by Sade.
- The rigidly defined boundaries of what desserts Ralph can and can't talk about.
- Keira Knightley often stood in for Natalie Portman, even when it was supposed to be Padmé.
- Referenced: V.I.C.I. the robot from "Small Wonder".
- Silas Carson (Nute Gunray) does a great job walking down the stairs considering he's wearing a giant Nemoidian head.
- Referenced: Jurassic Park (1993),The Hangover (2009).
- It's odd that the Naboo named their planet 'Naboo'. That would be like calling the Earth Planet Human.
- Mentioned: Can you come back tomorrow?
- 31:20 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call: Star Wars Barbies. The Amidala doll had a removeable face that the caller would put on her other dolls.
- Sio Bibble is the Governor of Naboo.
- The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand is seen by historians as the small spark that touched off the powderkeg of Europe. It was the first in a chain of events that began World War I.
- The proper name of that desk toy is a Newton's cradle.
- As this is the introduction of the handmaidens, it's also the first time that the interchangeable handmaiden names are mispronounced as "Sharbé", "Sorbet" etc.
- Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley DO look a lot alike. In fact, there are multiple online quizzes where you try to tell the difference between them.
- By the time this episode aired, there had been 7 actors to portray Darth Vader on the big screen.
- See also: List of actors to play Darth Vader.
- Padmé's full name is Padmé Amidala Naberrie. "Amidala" is her "name of office", similar to the Regnal name of monarchs or popes.
- Ralph: Not a lot of people put a liquid "E" in words. Pete: Nute Gunray: Master of the Liquid E.
- Alex: –but no, no one lives in Theed.
- Alex: Who's the one falling over in that scene? Is it Obi-Wan Pete: I'll give you four guesses. Ralph: That klutzy Kenobi, man.
- Ralph: He showed up in his space car with his best space buddy; they flew through all of that star war...
- Ralph: Do either of you have a handkerchief? I feel like my brain is dribbling or my nose.
- Ralph: Can I say "asinine"? It's asinine!
- Ralph: They [Blasé tree goats] have little "hookies" on their... on their "footies".