Phantom Menace Minute 38: Jira Dollars
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 13th, 2016
The wind is blowing hard as Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, and Padmé follow Anakin down the street and into a slave hovel.
- Starts with Qui-Gon telling Jar Jar he's wrong, and ends with Anakin telling them how very dangerous sand storms can be.
- Jira the pallie vendor.
- More negative Panaka.
- Why doesn't Qui-Gon feel Anakin's Force-sensitivity from just a couple feet away?
- Maybe because the Force doesn't exist.
- The sandstorm doesn't look that bad and has zero payoff.
- It seems like Jira has her own credit system too.
- "Jira Dollars", like Applebee's Bucks.
- Referenced: the mobile payment service Venmo.
- Differences from the original script.
- Anakin gives Jar Jar a speech about fear.
- This could have put these scenes into a larger concept of fear.
- George Lucas' habit of tinkering with his films.
- Where is "the outskirts"? Is it an official place name?
- Paul saw TPM 3 or 4 times in the theater. He saw it twice on opening day.
- This movie is unnecessary
- Almost none of the characters introduced in this movie continue to the next one
- AOTC takes place so much longer after TPM that Anakin is a totally different character.
- You could start the trilogy with the second movie.
- 15:44 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Reed in Nashville. He thought Panaka was spraying Binaca breath spray when he uses his communicator.
- Reed will call into the podcast again later.
- During their coverage of Attack of the Clones, the hosts discuss the real reason that Panaka didn't return.
- Alex: He [Qui-Gon] must be playing his cards close to the space vest—the space poncho.
- Paul: <to Pete> You're a real Han Solo.