Phantom Menace Minute 47: Ye Olde Hutt
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 26th, 2016
Qui-Gon puts the comlink away as Shmi comes onto the porch.
- Watto and Qui-Gon reach a deal.
- The "high five" actually looks pretty good.
- Teaser for upcoming Jar Jar moment.
- Jar Jar is multilingual.
- Dewbacks are walking in lock-step.
- The hosts offer their explanations for this.
- Can you use the Force on animals? Probably the telekinesis, but not the mind trick.
- Direct Quote (honorable mention): Long time.
- "Foreshadowing": Obi-Wan himself ends up being stuck there.
- How many times has Qui-Gon thought he found (and been enamored by) the "Chosen One"?
- Referenced: About a Boy (2002)
- Greed has been a recurring theme for the last few minutes.
- Is this a message from Lucas to himself?
- The shiny Naboo starship, and how it fits with the lived-in aesthetic of Star Wars.
- Its design resembles the SR-71 Blackbird.
- Support the show on patreon.
- 18:06 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Josh in Seattle. Potential Shmi/Qui-Gon romance?
- This is the first, but definitely not the last, time that the guys refer to Qui-Gon as "Qui-Guy".
- Boringly, the average lifespan of Jawas is 80 standard years.
- Alex has outed Pete as a nerd on previous occasions, including minute 17
- Alex: Sign to the Dewback.
- Pete: He knows nothing of Greedo.
- Alex: We undressed your nerd shirts.
- Pete: Normally we don't let you speak.