Phantom Menace Minute 59: Gardulla's Bib Fortuna
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 11th, 2016
Shmi looks nervously to Qui-Gon as he enters a viewing platform. Padmé and Jar Jar are already on board.
- The film quotes itself "You assume too much"
- Last time was Nute Gunray talking to The Queen (is that where she got it from?)
- Introduction of Jabba the Hutt & Bib Fortuna
- Debut of previously mentioned Gardulla the Hutt
- Diva Shaliqua and Diva Funquita (played by Amanda "Powerhouse" Lucas)
- Cameo by Rob Coleman
- R5-X2 the gambling bot
- So, Qui-Gon knows that Padmé is the Queen, right?
- Doing all of Amidala's lines using a Nemoidian accent
- Is that the same Bib? or Does Jabba make replacement Twi'Leks change their name?
- We are "treated" to Paul's Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone impression
- And Pete's "attempt" at a "Scottish" accent
- Referenced: My Fair Lady, The Six Million Dollar Man
- Mentioned: Ben Burtt and his excellent sound design work, Ghoel
- Discussion of iterations of Jabba
- TPM Jabba is second best (obviously ROTJ Jabba is tops)
- 21:43 podcast episode length.
- According to Wookieepedia, Hutts were once thought to be hermaphrodites, but this is no longer canon.
- Diva is a religious title in Star Wars.
- Alex: "So Padmé is Nute Gunray."
- Paul: "It's a Hutt thing." Pete: "You wouldn't understand."
- Pete: (Regarding Ms. Lucas) "Easier more seducti—no wait."