Jedi Minute 110: Sorry Not Sorry
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 110)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 5th, 2015
The young Jedi leaps in an amazing reverse flip up to the safety of the catwalk overhead. Vader stands below him.
- Starts with Luke and Vader crossing swords, and ends with a shot of the space battle, and Lando saying "watch out!"
- "Lightsaber boomerang".
- Kristen is on assignment and couldn't make it back today.
- There's a lot of subtext in this minute.
- The Dark side is like an addiction; even if Vader is conflicted, he's still helpless to resist.
- If Luke doesn't fight, then he'll meet his destiny. Isn't this against the whole point of 'destiny'?
- Pete's theory that the Force doesn't exist.
- DJ Death Squad Commander booths.
- Luke is setting the pace of the battle.
- Lightsabers are almost never on when out of someone's hand. Is there a dead-man switch?
- Sheev is completely sure that whoever wins the fight, he still wins.
- Kristin's drink pairing for Lando.
- Lando=>Billy Dee=>Colt 45.
- Support the Show in all the usual places. It makes the guys feel good and like they're doing something worthwhile.
- 17:56 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: ad for Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition. Chiptwick is back. Shout outs to Josh Flanagan, Paul Rust, and Paul Scheer.
- Mentioned: mansplaining.
- Billy Dee was the brand ambassador for Colt 45 from 1986–1991. He returned as their official spokesman in 2016 .
- Ella: You [Pete] said "doody" *snickers*
- Pete Analyze, scrutinize, and talk to our wives...
- Pete: (as the Emperor) Ani why didn't you tell me about a conflict?
- Alex: I like this subtext stuff!
- Pete: Why does the Emperor have a catwalk in his office? Alex: [...] to sashay down of course. Ella: You don't have a catwalk in your office? Pete: Not yet.
- Alex: Butt-sabering.
- Alex: (as Sheev) Good! I always hated that catwalk. Now I have an excuse to build a new one!
- Pete: Hopefully not pictures of Billy Dee Williams hocking up Colt 45. Ella: Please don't send us pictures of that.