Jedi Minute 62: Small Talk
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 62)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 31st, 2015
Luke and Han exchange a silent, grim look. Luke gets up wearily.
- Starts with Luke admiring his handiwork, looking at the chopped and barbecued biker scout, and ends with mysterious footsteps in the woods.
- Luke wheels around and stumbles away.
- Han says to meet at the base at 03:00. This is one of the rare times when a time of day is explicitly stated.
- Good shot of the rubber C-3PO midriff.
- Surprised that Luke didn't pass Leia on his way back.
- We're eagerly waiting to find out what those footsteps are, but we'll find out tomorrow.
- Luke is probably about 5 miles away from the others. How long does it take him to get back?
- Three forest moon days, which is like eight weeks Basic.
- Han Solo was promoted to general too soon. He makes many leadership mistakes.
- Han seems to agree with this sentiment that he's in the wrong job.
- Everybody else is wearing vaguely military garb; Han is just wearing a trench coat that wouldn't look out of place in a 1980s Sears <catalog>.
- John Mollo being replaced by Nilo Rodis.
- Josh has tried to stay positive about this movie, but now that he's on the show he starts picking it apart.
- Avoiding referring to specific times in science fiction writing, sort of like avoiding having to admit that you've forgotten the name of someone that you work with.
- Lack of military discipline in the Rebellion.
- Maybe everyone is a general. Like how everybody at a startup is a VP of something incredibly specific.
- Ackbar asked to be an admiral instead.
- Do droids have an aesthetic sense?
- What/who Artoo's inner monolog sounds like:
- Nathan Lane
- An angry Sam Jackson
- Werner Herzog.
- Listener Projects: create a video dubbing R2 with each of these.
- Programming C-3PO to make small talk.
- R2 is constantly out of his element and is a real trooper.
- Han delivering the titular line.
- John Williams probably wouldn't do the music sting.
- Follow SWM on social media, and call 8-DAY-GREEDO
- 20:07 podcast episode length.
- The pronunciation of John Mollo's name is discussed in ESB 123.
- Han Solo previously mentioned a specific time (02:00) when they're on the Falcon in Star Wars. This was discussed in more depth during SWM 58.
- Luke and his uncle also refer to seasons and years.
- Another bit was not cut out.
- Alex: Does it [the Force] have a compass?
- Pete: This is my "Han-cho". Alex: I didn't think he would stoop "Solo" as to say that.
- Alex: I'm the general. Me and the other general are going to go look for one person.
- Alex: Rieekan is in charge of the coffee, and the other guy [the admiral] is in charge of the ack-bar...Sorry.
- Josh: Small talk: the worst of all apps.
- Pete: (mishearing Alex) He [Luke] was a pastor?