Jedi Minute 70: Nixon
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 70)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
April 10th, 2015
As they regain their senses and sit up, they realize they are surrounded by dozens of Ewoks, each brandishing a long spear.
- Begins with the emergence of Paploo from the crowd of Ewoks, and ends with C-3PO being rightfully worshipped.
- A well-composed shot.
- Where did all the Ewoks come from? Were they all around waiting, or were they alerted somehow?
- Ewok hunting methods.
- Kenny Baker isn't in there (he's in the Paploo suit).'
- Mentioned: the Ewoks cartoons and comics.
- Ewok factoid.
- Asterios' fan suggestion on how to handle the Prequels.
- What would have happened if Han had started shooting the Ewoks?
- Harrison Ford appears to be genuinely annoyed and baffled at having to act against the Ewoks. It matches Han Solo's motivations.
- What would the fan reaction be if the Ewoks murdered somebody? It would make them more of a threat, but kids probably wouldn't like it.
- How does Luke know that everything is going to be okay? Why would the Rebels give up their weapons?
- C-3PO takes a while to reboot. Does he have a concussion?
- Other times he might need to be rebooted.
- C-3PO has been downtrodden this whole time, but now he's on a planet where he's worshipped. The shoe is on the other foot.
- Referenced: 4-LOM, protocol droid assasin.
- E.U. story about IG-88's consciousness taking over the Death Star II.
- David Lynch didn't end up directing this movie. How it might have turned out if he had.
- The "Star Wars curse".
- Thanks to and from Asterios for a fun week!
- Check out Asterios on http://devastatorpress.com.
- 32:00 podcast episode length.
- Alex had it right the first time: the Republic of Kalmykia (where nearly all Kalmyk speakers live) is located in the far west of Russia, near the Caspian sea, and is not near Mongolia, although Kalmyk and the Kalmyk people descend from the Oirats, the westernmost group of Mongolians in Eurasia.
- Pete: ...analyze, scrutinize, and "[...] lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes."
- Asterios: The social contract is strong with the Ewoks.
- Pete: His [C-3PO's] "power button" if you know what I mean... I don't know what I mean.
- Alex: I'm more of a 'Skippy' guy.
- Asterios: I hope you guys are like...60 years old one day— Alex: I hope so too.