Jedi Minute 90: Here Comes The Bride
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from Return of the Jedi 90)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 8th, 2015
Vader and Luke enter the room alone. They walk across the dark space to stand before the throne, father and son side by side beneath the gaze of the Emperor.
- Starts with the Rebels capturing the biker scout, and ends with Luke and Vader appearing before the Emperor.
- There is no dialog in this minute, but there are a lot of cool visuals.
- Cut scenes of the Rebels fighting their way into the bunker, and Luke and Vader exiting the shuttle on Death Star II.
- Tony finishes his plug-a-day week. Go to downwrite.com and buy a song from him.
- Mentioned: Ghoel
- What Vader and Luke talk about during the elevator ride.
- Odd (or downright weird) names for roads.
- Chewie seems to yell whenever a door is opening/closing.
- Cut story idea wherein one of the Rebels was going to dress in the scout trooper's armor to keep a lookout.
- Luke being walked down the "aisle" to the Emperor by his father.
- Red Imperial guards
- Mentioned: The Black Hole, Flash Gordon.
- Force pikes.
- The death trap that is the Don Post Red Guard mask.
- Mentioned: DJ Death Squad booths.
- What the guards wear under their robes.
Back when Tony lived in Michigan, a local store had an event where they had costumed Star Wars characters walking around. He thought they wouldn't have an Emperor Palpatine because he'd be too scary for the kids, but they did, and he was.
At Forbidden Planet, Pete was on "120 Minutes" with Kennedy, wearing a Wicket mask and an Emperor mask.
- Tony ranks the movies.
- Referenced: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Support the Show.
- 29:58 podcast episode length.
- "Emperor Wee-wee Eyes" is likely a reference to an 8-DAY-GREEDO call received in Minute 67.
- Alan Hume was the director of photography for ROTJ.
- The bearded guy who dresses up as the scout trooper is named Nik Sant. Alex will bring him up again when he is captured in minute 97. "Star Wars Rebels" confirmed that decommissioned clone trooper Cpt. Rex fought at the Battle of Endor, fueling speculation that these two characters are one and the same. However, this has not been confirmed by Lucasfilm. They did indeed make a Nik Sant action figure.
- Kenner was closed by its parent company, Hasbro, in the year 2000.
- The standard "wedding march" that most people think of was written by Felix Mendelssohn, however this is not the same as "Here Comes the Bride", also known as the Bridal Chorus, written by Richard Wagner.
- The anatomy of the Emperor Palpatine toy will be brought up again.
- Pete: ...analyze, scrutinize, and "Emperor Wee-wee eyes".
- Pete: (as Luke) No shut up! I'm not joining the Dark Side. Alex: (As Luke) <whining> Leave me alone, Dad!
- Pete: Biker scoutfit.
- Pete: It's like a complicated vase that you're expected to wear.
- Pete: "Let's do that, except cheap and TV-like."
- Tony: Attack of the Clones: AKA "Hot Garbage".