Star Wars Minute 27: Blast!
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from SWM 27)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 9th, 2013.
Minute 27: R2-D2 goes missing. Luke asks C-3PO where he is and then looks for him in the distance.
- C-3PO appears very scared and fearful of Luke, and quite startled when Luke buzzes him.
- Is C-3PO's fear of humans learned behaviour or part of his programming? Perhaps the buzzer on him actually provides a small electric shock.
- C-3PO says to Luke "that R2 unit has always been a problem" less than 5 hours after recommending that Luke buys R2-D2.
- C-3PO doesn't take any action when R2-D2 runs away (apart from hiding) but then immediately sells him out when Luke appears.
- C-3PO is definitely programmed to lie.
- Do droids develop their own personalities or is this also programmed? (see quote below).
- EU has indicated that most people like to erase their droid's memory at regular intervals.
- Treadwell re-appears in the background. Is he like a Roomba vacuum cleaner just stuck in that room - banging against the walls?
- There is another droid in the background that looks like a lantern on wheels. How useful is that droid for anything? This droid is soon to be replaced.
- Luke's terrible macro-binoculars. No resolution, focus, zoom, magnification etc.
- Luke saying "Blast!" like the dork he is (e.g. he plays with toys in his garage).
- Luke's age in the movie. Appears to range from 17 to 25 (based on Mark Hamill's age).
- Owen grizzled and cranky again.
- In the drinking game whereby you drink every time someone says "Luke" the last couple of minutes would have been tough.
- Pete: In regards to droids having personalities - "...they might just be, basically, highly advanced parrots..."
- Josh: "I don't want my iPad to be anxious."
- Pete: In regards to Luke's view through the terrible binoculars "It's like watching things on an old TV. Luke: I'm looking at the backyard and it looks kind of like The Honeymooners."
- Pete: In regards to Luke's general dorkiness "He's one of us is what you're saying."