Star Wars Minute 39: Choking the Admiral
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from SWM 39)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 25th, 2013.
Vader demonstrates the power of the force.
- Vader demonstrates the power of The Force by partially choking Admiral Motti.
- The scene ends with a return to Tatooine.
- Darth Vader choking a guy (which is Vader's M.O.).
- Motti being a jerk ("ancient religion", "sorcerer's ways" etc.) and messing with the wrong person.
- Vader displaying his power (choking) in front of everyone.
- Kurosawa / Hidden Fortress reference in this scene.
- Practising the choking scene (Motti is the first to be choked and therefore set the standard for all the others).
- Vader only choking Admirals and Captains.
- Tarkin's non-plussed about Vader choking Motti; he lets Motti dangle (so to speak).
- Alex seeing a framed signed photo of the actor that played Admiral Motti at a restaurant. It was signed "The steaks at <restaurant> are better than on The Death Star."
- The 'pens' in Imperial Officer's pockets.
- Apparently the actor playing Admiral Motti is wearing a different costume to what was first planned as the original costume didn't fit him. This contributes to the confusion around everyone's roles and responsibilities in The Empire.
- Gaffi sticks, Bantha tracks, and The Star Was Fan Club newsletter (called "Bantha Tracks").
- How the Stormtroopers knew to copy the Sand people's tactics.
- In this movie Darth Vader is very dull and "unshining", his eyes are different, and his cape is over his armour (it's partially under his armour in later movies).
- 14:14 podcast episode length.
- This is Damon's first minute in which Vader chokes an Imperial, but not his last. He returned for Empire Minute 24: The Choking Bit
- Richard LeParmentier (Motti) was in Superman II.
- Damon: And I'm Damon sitting here ready to do minute number 39.
- Damon: Vader probably chokes someone, like, every third meeting or so.