Star Wars Minute 46: You'll Be Dead!
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from SWM 46)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
August 5th, 2013
Luke gets into a scuffle.
- Introduction of Ponda Baba ("Walrus Man") and Dr. Evazan.
- Hammerhead (an Ithorian) .
- The arguing Duros':
- Aliases Baniss Keeg and Ellors Madak.
- "Real" names Ohwun and Chachi De Maal ('De Maal' mispronounced by Pete).
- Married, own docking bay 94.
- The skirmish and Dr. Evazan's iconic dialogue.
- Hammerhead action figure was cool but like many Kenner figures it was different than the movie.
- Kenner wasn't all that concerned with staying true to the film.
- Discussion on many of the creatures.
- Is this a bar or a coffee shop? Tony thinks it's clearly a coffee shop.
- Luke is definitely out of his depth in the cantina (e.g. he tugs the bartender's shirt; "I'll have one of those"). Although he does know when to hit the floor in a fight.
- The cantina is owned by a Wookiee named Chalmun. Did he introduce the "no droids' rule and, if so, why?
- Tony used to confuse Dr. Evazan and Snaggletooth when he was a kid.
- How Dr. Evazan should have introduced himself ("I'm a Doctor in 12 systems").
- How has Evazan accrued 12 death sentences? Convicted in absentia?
- What Walrus Man says to Luke.
- Star Wars figurine toys.
- This podcast episode is the origin of the You'll be Dead Running Joke by Tony.
- Teaser for Tony's infamous "Millennium Falcon story".
- Debate over the debut appearance of Chewbacca in the movie.
- 15:36 podcast episode length.
- Tony is the first returning guest commentator.
- Alex refers to the "Principle of Priority" which is one of the guiding principles of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature.
- Alex and Pete will meet a Kenner Hammerhead cosplayer at Star Wars Celebration (See SWM:WE 2).
- Although there is some debate over who invented the flavor of Rocky Road, the name was coined by Dreyer and Edy in 1929.
- This minute begins a run of minutes in which Alex can't pronounce, or simply can't remember, Dr. Evazan's name. At one point he says something like Dr. Hazannn (trails off...).
- Tony: And I'm Tony Consiglio, the inventor of Rocky Road ice cream.
- Alex: It's a very 'saunter-heavy' minute.
- Pete: All you hand fetishists out there - you're gonna love Minute 47.
- Alex: [singing]: "Everybody saunter!" (to the tune of "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)")
- Alex: So, Dr. Whats-his-face. Tony: I thought he was Dr. What-is-his-name.
- Tony: YOU'LL BE DEAD!