SW Special Edition Minute 44: Rachios
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
September 8th, 2016
The landspeeder zooms in to the spaceport of Mos Eisley, scattering small scurriers who jump to get out of the way.
- First Rebel transport
- ASP-7 labor droid
- Mk IV sentry droid: IM4-099
- Scurriers, not Womp Rats
- (Irritating) wacky slapstick
- The sandtrooper dazed by the Jedi mind trick is played by Anthony Forrest, who also played Fixer in the Tosche Station deleted scene.
- Mentioned: Long time, M*A*S*H, Shadows of the Empire, hating the toy talk
- Referenced: Alphabeatical and Alex's Liverpudlian accent, Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Discussion of differing layers of canon
- Things like Admiral Thrawn moving from C-Canon to G-Canon
- Visual effects
- Recycled modified models from Jurassic Park
- Tatooine wildlife
- Rontos, how they got their names, their ecology and physiology
- Dewbacks, Banthas, and Krayt dragons are all giant - what are they eating?
- Ralph tells us how he became a Jedi
- Callback to the first Ewok movie
- The crashed Hutt ship Dowager Queen and Mos Eisley history
- Do moisture farmers farm crops? Or do they actually just harvest the moisture to sell?
- 44:22 podcast episode length
- Plug for www.starwarsminute.com/cruise
- This is the second minute covered during the TPM - AotC hiatus. The first was SW Special Edition Minute 54: Boogie
- We do see Rontos "again"—in the Naboo Movie.
- Although Brontosaurus is indeed back, Pluto is still not a planet.
- For an quick and enjoyable explanation of how paleontological naming works (using our pal Brontosaurus as an example), check this cool web comic
- We do actually see Gonk droids in the non-special edition.
- Pete and Alex also display their ignorance of nautical terminology in ESB 109.
- Alex: (on this minute of the Special Edition) "Well it's not all crap."
- Pete: (À la Tag Team) "Swoops, there it is."
- Ralph: "Do we ever see Rontos again?" Pete: "In... my nightmares"
- Alex: "Scurriers and the Ronto... detectives." Pete: "You're crazy DiRonto!"
- Ralph: "Yeah Brontosaurus is back, it's great."
- Ralph: "I was doing a big muscle chest motion—" Pete: "More so than usual"
- Ralph: (on Wioslea) "Her head is like a potato and a fetus had a baby."
- Ralph: (on the physiology of the Dewback, sarcastically) "'...that's absolutely enough water for a huge macrocephalid varanid like me. I can totally live off this. Now excuse me, I'm going to go do whatever a lizard the size of a Buick does in the desert.' No. I don't want– Guys, I hate Star Wars now." Alex: "Ralph come back!"
- Alex: <non-determinant accent>
- Alex: "You keep my Kit Fisto out of this."