Songe Riddle is an illustrator and animator of things. Together with Rachael Fox, he co-hosts the General Hospital podcast Planet Lumina. Once in 1998 he met Dennis Muren at a lecture on the special effects created for the then imminent release of The Phantom Menace (sorry, Pete) and told him with a wistfully romantic cadence that he taught Songe how to dream. Mr. Muren replied awkwardly that he “hopes they were good dreams”. Indeed they were!
No single event influenced Songe’s desire to create than his introduction to Star Wars in 1979. It is his first memory and will probably occupy his final thoughts.
At some point in the mid-nineties, Songe resolved to weed Star Wars out of his thoughts, by first trying to go a day without a quote or reference to it. As of writing this, it has not happened. We have to take things one day at a time.
He’s sorry he couldn’t do better, but he’s got problems of his own.
Rank the Star Wars Movies
5, 6, 4, 1, 7, 3, 2
13 (including one in 3D)
- Star Wars Minute 91: Run, Luke! Run!
- Star Wars Minute 92: Crying at the Chess Table
- Star Wars Minute 93: Here They Come!
- Star Wars Minute 94: This Isn't The End
- Star Wars Minute 95: Han's Neg
- Star Wars Minute 96: The Han-Luke Spectrum
- Empire Minute 101: Meet Me in the Hallway
- Empire Minute 102: Jiminy Lobot
- Empire Minute 103: Sullen Lando
- Empire Minute 104: Me Skywalker
- Empire Minute 105: Star Wars House
- Jedi Minute 116: Cosinga!
- Jedi Minute 117: The Death of an Evil Force Guy
- Jedi Minute 118: Barada Is Detente
- Jedi Minute 119: Commander Fleckter
- Jedi Minute 120: Who Cares What You Want
- Phantom Menace Minute 111: Futhark
- Phantom Menace Minute 112: Lyrics
- Phantom Menace Minute 113: Roundoff
- Phantom Menace Minute 114: Under Siege
- Phantom Menace Minute 115: Dampen The Green
- Revenge of the Sith Minute 11: Slapstick from the Robots
- Revenge of the Sith Minute 12: A Little Bit of Fire
- Revenge of the Sith Minute 13: We Are For the Big
- Revenge of the Sith Minute 14: Famous Original Sith
- Revenge of the Sith Minute 15: Your Mother and the Sand