Star Wars Minute 108: The Cadillac of Snubfighters
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
October 30th, 2013
Three Imperial TIE ships, Darth Vader in the center flanked by two wingmen, dive in precise formation almost vertically toward the Death Star surface.
- Hutch estimates that there are about 20 guns (divided between the surface and the towers)
- Third appearance of Harry Shearer's voice (Tiree)
- Scenes in the Rebel command center were spliced into the Death Star assault as an afterthought.
- Low-quality audio communication is uniquely Star Wars
- First short of Darth Vader's special TIE fighter
- Hutch's nerdy delivery of "Switch to targetting computer"
- Lasers: how do they work? If you shot one off into space would it just keep going?
- It seems a bit silly to have rotating guns in the bottom of a trench. Wouldn't they hit the trench sides all the time? If they're shielded, then lasers should be bouncing around like in the garbage masher.
- What are the Rebel ground support staff doing? Is it important, and if not, why don't they evacuate (in case the assault fails)?
- Threepio is the "Forrest Gump" of Star Wars in that he always happens to stand near important historical events.
- Ben Burtt is the hero of Star Wars. Well him and Wedge.
- Hutch's helmet is Pete's favorite (see minute 103)
- Referenced: 70's van art, Hildebrandt poster, Ben Cooper costumes.
- Mentioned: Ralph McQuarrie, "Sorry Pete"
- When Vader talks to the TIE fighter pilots, it seems like they're in the same room.
- Vader relies on his computer to aid in targeting.
- Leia breaking up with Hutch
- Joe's personal connection to Tiree's line "The guns. They've stopped!"
- 21:54 podcast episode length.
- Pete: It's our daily podcast where we analyze each and every single minute of Star Wars, one by one in order, for you, the listener.
- Pete: Skype is our bread and butter - don't knock it.
- Alex: Those X-wing guys are pretty "Wedged" in there.
- Joe: (Comparing Y-wings to first-class air travel) "They have a pillow, they have a blanket - there's probably a stewardess."
- Alex: "Spiked studs."
- Pete: Delicious hutch pops